By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

Goodnightmoon said:
I have the feeling that many reviewers feel bad for Ready at down and they are going to be more generous with the scores now. They are giving signs of that already.

You can't be serious...

Around the Network

aw 50 posts in and the embargo hasn't even been lifted yet... gonna be a great thread

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

celador said:
Nuvendil said:
I'm expecting mid to high seventies. Which is competent. And I expect trolls to say "lolz flopz" and defenders to say "it should be higher! Trickery!" and blind haters (that aren't trolls :P ) to say "it should be lower! Trickery!" At least I have a front row seat to the circus.

On a side note, if embargoes didn't run so darn long a lot of this drama could be avoided. Unless of course...

Mid 70s would be interesting, coming the day after a Nintendo exclusive gets a 75 meta score. The levels of vitriol in this thread compared to that one, for the same kind of score, would be very telling

Wait? Are you trying to compare the less important WiiU exclusive of the year, a little strange game that is 40 $ and had no hype at all, with one of the most important exclusives of the Playstation 4? a 60 bucks game that is been announced for 2 years like the biggest thing since the slice bread? Are you serious? Or you only want to star a nonsense war?

NiKKoM said:

aw 50 posts in and the embargo hasn't even been lifted yet... gonna be a great thread

About to go for a snack run, any requests??

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:
I have the feeling that many reviewers feel bad for Ready at down and they are going to be more generous with the scores now. They are giving signs of that already.

You can't be serious...

Oh i´m, when you see IGN with that "why we love The Order lengh"... ummh

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

You can't be serious...

If that ends up being the case, then the trolls are gonna be feeling pretty stupid, huh?

Goodnightmoon said:

So,  same was happening to rise, you mean in reallity its even lower score than we see ? and apply to all game ? can say about same at AAA where some site want free game and gift and is afraid to lower score...  score is where this is, bad or good from different taste of different ppl, some gonna hate no matter what and some gonna love no matter what...

Ex, my 2 best game on ps3 was valkyria chrornicle & heavy rain, i would have rate both 99/100 but its me and this not mean this game gonna please everyone or its the best game on the earth but for me its almost etc.

I think anyway, game journalist is completly corrupted and only the gamer should know what they like or not

Goodnightmoon said:
celador said:

Mid 70s would be interesting, coming the day after a Nintendo exclusive gets a 75 meta score. The levels of vitriol in this thread compared to that one, for the same kind of score, would be very telling

Wait? Are you trying to compare the less important WiiU exclusive of the year, a little strange game that is 40 $ and had no hype at all, with one of the most important exclusives of the Playstation 4? a 60 bucks game that is been announced for 2 years like the biggest thing since the slice bread? Are you serious? Or you only want to star a nonsense war?

Biggest thing since slice bread? Please, this game has been shat on for a full year now.

I am comparing the way games on different systems are spoken about when they score similarly. A 75 is considered good on a Nintendo system, not on PS or Xbox. Not when it is exclusive.

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

You can't be serious...

Did you click on the article or just read it and dismiss it??

celador said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Biggest thing since slice bread? Please, this game has been shat on for a full year now.

I am comparing the way games on different systems are spoken about when they score similarly. A 75 is considered good on a Nintendo system, not on PS or Xbox. Not when it is exclusive.

Not when it has the hype of a +90 game and is going to sell millions and it turns to be completely average game, of course is not the same, if Xenoblade X or Splatoon turns to have around 75, of course that will be a very bad score for what the game pretends to be.

If Destiny gets a 77 but Kirby a 75, who is the dissapointing game here? The one that costs 400 millions dollar, and is made to sell like 15 millions copies? Or the one that costs a 2% of that and is made to sell like... 1 million with lucky. Of course is NOT the same.