By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pessino: I just blame ourselves for not communicating our vision of the Order 1886

Tagged games:

HBninjaX said:

I never understood the hype for this game. What exactly is so awesome about it? It takes more than decent graphics to pique my interest. I'm not trying to be mean but I guess I just have less and less in common with the average gamer these days.

A deep story, great characters and fun gameplay elements? What more do you want from a videogame? It might be short but it has all the elements to be a great game just like Ryse was.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
HBninjaX said:

I never understood the hype for this game. What exactly is so awesome about it? It takes more than decent graphics to pique my interest. I'm not trying to be mean but I guess I just have less and less in common with the average gamer these days.

A deep story, great characters and fun gameplay elements? What more do you want from a videogame? It might be short but it has all the elements to be a great game just like Ryse was.

Forget all that useless stuff. It has lycans and that's all that matters.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Dadrik said:

Well, they never hid what the game was going to be.

A SP story-driven Third Person Shooter with a cinematic approach. And that's what the game seems to be. So yeah, they shouldn't blame themselves.

Fanboys aren't the smartest, andeven  clickbait articles writers aren't exactly geniuses either. So they all went for the clicks and destroyed the game because it's an AAA exclusive.

People chose to hate it, without having actual reasons to hate it.

21st century communication 101 : People just want a shitstorm so they can try to shout louder than the others, and they end up trusting the most vocal party.

well, they certainly could have picked more interesting gameplay videos to show off the game (assuming it has more interesting gameplay sections). The game looks amazing and I wanted to get excited about it... But everything they showed off just looked kind of boring...

Roronaa_chan said:
I think they communicated it just fine, people just didn't want to listen or wanted to weave their own narrative no matter what.

Pretty much this, linear story driven game with awesome graphics and some shooting sprinkled in. You know Telatale games, ye theyre games are storydriven and you dont cry about it, you actualy praise it to no end. So if you dont liek storydriven games look elsewhere, if you do like them the Order is for you.

Around the Network

I don't think it's the vision people are complaining about so much so as the run-time and overall gameplay experience.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

So will this game be a contender against MGS 4 for majority of the game being cutscenes?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Anfebious said:
HBninjaX said:

I don't see a deep story or great characters, I see a cover based shooter with QTE.  The chief thing I look for in a videogame is gameplay, then atmosphere, then story and characters.  I generally do not like a lot of exposition in videogames because 9 times out of 10 it's completely cheesy B movie quality stuff.  There are exceptions though...

I thought we had been very clear since the very beginning, about what we were trying to do.

but they did, it was really really clear what the game was and was trying to be a few weeks after they announced it. reality is, there is a massive troll fest about this game, people who i seen admitally didnt even plan to play it, and yet and went on to hate on the game and comment negativily in every thread about it. trolls have been all over this game, and the majority of those trolls have been from the xbox fanbase, im not trying to state a flame war here, its just the reality of the sitation. 

just wait till Quamtum Break releases, the same thing will probably happen.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

I don't think there was any real problem conveying what their goals were, I just think their goals were heavily flawed