By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 Attracts “Uncanny Haterade” Says Director

BreedinBull said:
As do most Playstation exclusives.

Nope, look at Bloodborne, Uncharted or The last of Us. Did they garner that much criticism?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
BreedinBull said:

Nope, look at Bloodborne, Uncharted or The last of Us. Did they garner that much criticism?

Uncharted and TLOU did, yeah. Bloodborne is small fish, but even then already got graphics and difficulty related criticism.

Roronaa_chan said:
Mnementh said:
BreedinBull said:

Uncharted and TLOU did, yeah. Bloodborne is small fish, but even then already got graphics and difficulty related criticism.

You can't tell me with a straight face these games got criticism like The Order. Uncharted, TLOU and Bloodborne get praise and some cautious criticism. Nothing out of the ordinary, as games on other platforms get too. The Order gets critcised like Watchdogs or Alien Colonial Marines. OK, maybe the latter was worse (for good reason).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The length of the Order is only leading me towards a discounted purchase, it isn't turning me off from the game, similar to the first Uncharted where it took me 8 - 10 hours to beat. I can understand some people hate QTE's (I sure as hell enjoyed Heavy Rain) but length of a game never bothered me before as long as the narrative is excellent.

Euphoria14 said:
I hope this game sells incredibly well, that way we get more games like it.

I also enjoy reading these threads. You have people who clearly dislike the game and instead of choosing to ignore it since it isn't their gaming style of choice they instead read up on everything to do with it and spend their time posting negative comments.

It is a bit silly. Imagine if we lived in a world where everyone understood that their preferences are not absolute truths, and that people can enjoy different things to them. That would be a nice world...

(That's not to say people shouldn't discus the pros and cons of various design choices in gaming, but the repetitive attacking of entirely subjective qualities as though they're inherently bad can get rather tiring).

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Normchacho said:

Source?

Also, 325 minutes is more than 5 hours...

The youtube walk through, it was broken down chapter by chapter. Also did you miss that 138 of those minutes are Cutscenes and QTE, that's nearly half of the game.

ahh, my bad. Still though, 325 minutes is hardly the average time we've been seeing for this game. On top of that, even the guy who posted the walkthrough says the game feels longer than it is.

Just because it's possible to beat the game in 5 and a half hours doesn't mean the game is that long.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/15/heres-how-quickly-you-can-beat-the-order-1886-if-you-skip-all-you-can-and-never-die/

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Mnementh said:

You can't tell me with a straight face these games got criticism like The Order. Uncharted, TLOU and Bloodborne get praise and some cautious criticism. Nothing out of the ordinary, as games on other platforms get too. The Order gets critcised like Watchdogs or Alien Colonial Marines. OK, maybe the latter was worse (for good reason).

Uncharted and specially TLOU are constantly called interactive movies, QTE-fests, "story with crappy gameplay", etc. Pretty much the same narrative as The Order. The main difference this time around is

a) The Order looks better than any PC game so instead of drawing only other console players it also attracted the ire of the Virgin Master Race.

b) PS4 is kicking ass and taking names, so both Nintendo and Xbox fans reinforce the narrative mentioned above because they are being sore losers. With the Wii and 360's success back when U1 was released, the same criticism was there but given the circumstances people just did it less because they were not "bothered by the PS3". By the time TLOU was released, things were already intensifying because PS3 was #1 and still gets trashed almost on a daily basis.

Moderated - Leadified

Zekkyou said:
Euphoria14 said:
I hope this game sells incredibly well, that way we get more games like it.

I also enjoy reading these threads. You have people who clearly dislike the game and instead of choosing to ignore it since it isn't their gaming style of choice they instead read up on everything to do with it and spend their time posting negative comments.

It is a bit silly. Imagine if we lived in a world where everyone understood that their preferences are not absolute truths, and that people can enjoy different things to them. That would be a nice world...

(That's not to say people shouldn't discus the pros and cons of various design choices in gaming, but the repetitive attacking of entirely subjective qualities as though they're inherently bad can get rather tiring).

Such a world does not exist. It is well documented that if a game is not open world, 20+ hours, has multiplayer and is totally void of and and all cases of QTE it is classified as "trash".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

GribbleGrunger said:
So we've established that any game:

Under 10 hours
Can be finished in 5 hours if you skip stuff
Has QTEs
Has Borders
Is Story driven
Has lots of cut scenes
Is linear in design

Must be constantly critiqued on everything until launch.

Noted.

Sounds like Evil Within, except I love that game

You can't hate this game out of existence. Its still coming. And people are going to enjoy it and thats too bad.