By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The order's 1886 first review 7,5/10

flagstaad said:
Areym said:

Sounds fair enough. I have no quarrel with QTE so it won't be a negative for me (unless the final boss or a major boss is QTE exclusive)

I'll get my money's worth if I enjoy the game and what it offers. I usually only play A new game for about an hour a day (If it is fairly linear, like TLoU and Uncharted) to elongate the over experience, makes me look forward to my next play if the game is interesting enough.

You may want to hold on your purchase a little bit my friend.

It's really not that much of a negative even if it is so. I view final bosses QTE exclusive fights as negative but they won't deter me from getting the Game.
 I know what to expect, I know I will enjoy it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Sounds like a rental for me. I hope the story is good at least.

Goodnightmoon said:
GribbleGrunger said:
It seems that a lot of people have decided this game is mediocre because of ONE review. Amazing. I guess the 10/10 from the Youtube guy doesn't count because he's not particularly articulate and isn't a 'professional' journalist, and everyone knows you have to have a high IQ to fully understand when a game is good or bad.

Most of the reviews are probably going to be worse than the french one, but ok, i get you.

90% + of the impressions on GAF are very positive. In fact I have seen one bad one and I am skepital of him because he said the 1st half was good but the 2nd half was boring, which is the opposite of what EVERYONE else is saying. Linked. The OP has a very well written impression and after page 60 or so you start reading quite a few. But hey if you want to just listen to what reviewers are saying that is your choice as it is your money.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992687

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Most of the reviews are probably going to be worse than the french one, but ok, i get you.

90% + of the impressions on GAF are very positive. In fact I have seen one bad one and I am skepital of him because he said the 1st half was good but the 2nd half was boring, which is the opposite of what EVERYONE else is saying. Linked. The OP has a very well written impression and after page 60 or so you start reading quite a few. But hey if you want to just listen to what reviewers are saying that is your choice as it is your money.

There have been a good deal of complaints about how the story feels unfinished and leaves loose ends virtually everywhere (including from the OP in follow up posts), or people saying that while the characters are well acted and the writing is good, the story isn't very strong. I find it quite hard to justify a game who's main purpose is delivering a story, that doesn't even really do that remarkably well. 

sundin13 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

There have been a good deal of complaints about how the story feels unfinished and leaves loose ends virtually everywhere (including from the OP in follow up posts), or people saying that while the characters are well acted and the writing is good, the story isn't very strong. I find it quite hard to justify a game who's main purpose is delivering a story, that doesn't even really do that remarkably well. 

ya he did not like the ending. Most of the people in the later in the thread seem to like the story. Most say the gameplay is fun. Yes there are QTE but it is used rarely in a bad way.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

another disappointment for ps4 fans. when will it ever end?

Moderated - Starcraft

Yikes, those cons are really really bad and were predicted by most people who tried the game. Oh well, 7.5/10 is good.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I look at this game as a luxury gaming item. Short game for $60. If your financially strapped and want to get the best bang for your bucks, this isn't the game for you. As someone who doesn't have as much time to play console games anymore as I use to, I'm actually look forward to beating a game during the weekend for a change.

Those neogaf impressions are extremely positive.

Headshot said:
Damn, I guess everybody must be speedrunning this game. Right guys? Right????

No, not everybody. Mostly Youtubers who always go through games quicker than most. They never want to risk losing their subscribers. Most Gaffers have finished the game in 10 - 12 hours (the shortest so far is 8 hours and the longest so far is 14 hours). These represent the majority by quite a margin, so the I'm likely to finish this in around 15 hours. It took me 23 hours to finish TLOU when most people were finishing their first playthrough in 13 - 18 hours.

The PS5 Exists. 

tokilamockingbrd said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I don´t need any Sony hardcore fan opinion from GAF, I´ve seen the full game on youtube, and i have my own opinion of the game, is not going to have good scores, and yes, the games is funnier on the first half, when the story looks interesting, on the second half, that first impression is gone, the story turns to be not so good, the qte and the cgi becomes annoying and the end is very bad.