By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The order's 1886 first review 7,5/10

Goodnightmoon said:

I don´t need any Sony hardcore fan opinion from GAF, I´ve seen the full game on youtube, and i have my own opinion of the game, is not going to have good scores, and yes, the games is funnier on the first half, when the story looks interesting, on the second half, that first impression is gone, the story turns to be not so good, the qte and the cgi becomes annoying and the end is very bad.

Clearly you didn't see Rapier ripping on The Order's ending, so what were you saying about a "Sony hardcore fan opinion from GAF"? Other users' opinions are also in that forum and what do you know? They vary in opinion. A few were more cynical, but still enjoyed the game despite its flaws. Not saying this will be the representation of the general consensus, but next time, how about not jumping into conclusions based on someone's positive opinions about a game? After all, you already saw the walkthrough on YouTube so you shouldn't have any problem reading through GAF's The Order spoiler thread.

Around the Network

Another fail for the PS4. When is this greatness supposed to happen ?

Moderated - Leadified

Goodnightmoon said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

90% + of the impressions on GAF are very positive. In fact I have seen one bad one and I am skepital of him because he said the 1st half was good but the 2nd half was boring, which is the opposite of what EVERYONE else is saying. Linked. The OP has a very well written impression and after page 60 or so you start reading quite a few. But hey if you want to just listen to what reviewers are saying that is your choice as it is your money.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992687

I don´t need any Sony hardcore fan opinion from GAF, I´ve seen the full game on youtube, and i have my own opinion of the game, is not going to have good scores, and yes, the games is funnier on the first half, when the story looks interesting, on the second half, that first impression is gone, the story turns to be not so good, the qte and the cgi becomes annoying and the end is very bad.

Are you implying the only people who like it are hardcore Sony Fans?

I cant think of any game ever. That I would have made a judgement based on watching someone else play.

But I guess we have our own limitations. My limitation is time so The Order is not something I worry about best case I get 10-12 hours of a unique cinematic experiance worst case I only spend 10-12 hours on a game I dont like. Its games I know will take 40+ hours I tend to analyze closely because I dont want weeks of gaming zapped by crap. So for GTA 5 was a huge waste, I dont care about the 60 bucks I spent on it, but I put 30+ hours into it and got bored and did not even finish the story.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I'm curious, would QTE's be as bad if they simply didn't have the buttons displayed?
Then it would make it more like a real action, right?

GribbleGrunger said:
Headshot said:
Damn, I guess everybody must be speedrunning this game. Right guys? Right????

No, not everybody. Mostly Youtubers who always go through games quicker than most. They never want to risk losing their subscribers. Most Gaffers have finished the game in 10 - 12 hours (the shortest so far is 8 hours and the longest so far is 14 hours). These represent the majority by quite a margin, so the I'm likely to finish this in around 15 hours. It took me 23 hours to finish TLOU when most people were finishing their first playthrough in 13 - 18 hours.

Idk why people are refusing to believe how short this game is.  Any arguments using "some guy beat (insert game) in (insert speedrunning WR for said game)" are completely ridiculous. They are highly optimized runs by people who are amazingly good at the games. Not journalists who are pretty much terrible compared to hardcore gamers.

I was just poking fun.

Around the Network

http://www.gamepur.com/review/18052-order-1886-review-ps4s-first-true-exclusive-killer-app-truly-amazing-story.html

New review! 9.5...This is going to be a crazy couple of days on here.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
http://www.gamepur.com/review/18052-order-1886-review-ps4s-first-true-exclusive-killer-app-truly-amazing-story.html

Holy...monkey balls batman! I was going to wait for a price drop before purchasing, but if I see more reviews like this I'll be getting it on Friday.

Protendo said:
Normchacho said:

Holy...monkey balls batman! I was going to wait for a price drop before purchasing, but if I see more reviews like this I'll be getting it on Friday.

I honestly don't expect to see too many more review like this one. But I think reviews might be better than we were expecting. I was expecting a mid 70's score for this game when the dust settled...but it might be high 7s or maybe even crack 80.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

More power to them if they think the game is worth a 9.5 out of 10, but shouldn't a review for a game that good, be a little longer? It's like The Order of video game reviews. Hell the sound is like one small paragraph. And it says nothing in depth about the gameplay.

Normchacho said:
Protendo said:

I honestly don't expect to see too many more review like this one. But I think reviews might be better than we were expecting. I was expecting a mid 70's score for this game when the dust settled...but it might be high 7s or maybe even crack 80.

But didn't we already agree that the review system itself is broken and that we don't care as we can make up our minds in different ways? Or do they rehabilitate themselves by giving this game high scores (although scores are of course broken, too, nowadays)?