By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Sony could save the Playstation Vita at E3 2015

Vita can't come to life until they kill PS+ free games for it. The free games pretty much kill most gamers resolve to buy a game at launch, because odds are that it will eventually come to PS+ free. Since gamers have adopted this mentality, it means that developers and publishers don't make money, which prevent even more game development and new IPs.

Around the Network

Vita sure deserves more attention. Hope 2015 will be a better year.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I really wish Sony would just open up the platform if they're just going to let it slowly die as an indie device / expensive peripheral for PS4.  It's ridiculous that I can get VLC on Apple devices for example but have to convert files to watch them on Vita.  It would  be cool to see some of the interesting stuff people could bring to it.

Drop the thing to 149 and bundle it with lbp and release multiple colors..... #thatcanhelp

mM
Dr.Vita said:

3. New price
Playstation Vita M = 175€ 
Playstation Vita = 150€
Playstation TV = 75€
4GB memory card = 5€
8GB memory card = 8€
16 GB 
memory card = 15€
32GB memory card = 25€
64GB memory card = 40€

4. Massive losses

Although I like the fusion of handheld and smartphone.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

sony must push down the price in my opinion

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

XanderXT said:
Street Fighter V Port isn't happening. The PSVita would never be able to process the game. I mean, it's not even as powerful as the PS3! How would it play a PS4 game?

It's a 3D-game, isn't it? So you can reduce resolution (well, it's a Vita), simplify polygons and reduce effects. 3D-games are simple to downport. Why it will not happen? Because seemingly Capcom hates Vita and also simply they don't expect enough sales on the small platform to justify the port.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The Vita is an excellent and niche device. Sony are right not to pour massive amounts of money into turning it into something that it no longer can be.

Zackasaurus-rex said:
The Vita is an excellent and niche device. Sony are right not to pour massive amounts of money into turning it into something that it no longer can be.

You might be right. Vita's chances may have passed long ago, but some will argue Sony is to blame for missing the opportunies while the clock was still ticking. For me, it's just sad to see the Vita fans get ignored and abandoned. New games appearing less, functionality taken away...

So it will remain domed...

4 ≈ One