By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Sony could save the Playstation Vita at E3 2015

I think someone needs to see the let it go gif from Frozen. It's far too late for anything to change the fate of this handheld. The system has an earned reputation and the amount of money they would have to spend on trying to fix it isn't worthwhile.

Around the Network

Vita memory is insanely priced. They should have made it so that it works with SD cards. I knew guys who were looking at Vita with serious intentions of buying it until they found out memory prices. 64 GB is almost as much as the hardware itself.

I love my Vita(I have 3 OLED models) but even I know it is beyond saving now sadly...

I'll be surprised if Sony mentions the Vita during their E3 conference.

XanderXT said:
Street Fighter V Port isn't happening. The PSVita would never be able to process the game. I mean, it's not even as powerful as the PS3! How would it play a PS4 game?

3ds is as powerfull as a gamecube and got a port of super street fighter 4, a game from ps360. the difference from ps3 to ps4 is vastly smaller than ps2 and ps3. Now do the math.

Not that it would help the vita in any significant way, just saying that it could release.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
XanderXT said:
Street Fighter V Port isn't happening. The PSVita would never be able to process the game. I mean, it's not even as powerful as the PS3! How would it play a PS4 game?

3ds is as powerfull as a gamecube and got a port of super street fighter 4, a game from ps360. the difference from ps3 to ps4 is vastly smaller than ps2 and ps3. Now do the math.

Not that it would help the vita in any significant way, just saying that it could release.

Super Street Fighter IV was downgraded a lot to work on 3DS.

Mnementh said:
XanderXT said:

It's a 3D-game, isn't it? So you can reduce resolution (well, it's a Vita), simplify polygons and reduce effects. 3D-games are simple to downport. Why it will not happen? Because seemingly Capcom hates Vita and also simply they don't expect enough sales on the small platform to justify the port.

If it was that easy to downport, then we would have seen way more Wii games that were downported from PS360.

At this point, I think the only thing that could revive the Vita in Japan is a Monster Hunter game, but even then, it's on the 3DS. Some people may be okay with the 3DS version, and the young kids are quite into it too.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

XanderXT said:
Materia-Blade said:

Super Street Fighter IV was downgraded a lot to work on 3DS.

The port was done on a hardware far inferior to ps360 than vita is to ps4.

I swear I see at least one of these threads every year
Hope dies last right?