By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Sony could save the Playstation Vita at E3 2015

1. Games
A lot new Indie games for the future
Playstation Vita Minecraft bundle announcement
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 / J-Stars Victory VS+ (release)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (trailer, information, release)
Street Fighter V (port announcement, information, trailer)
Digimon Cyber Sleuth (western announcement, information, trailer)
Phantasy Star Nova (western announcement, information, trailer)
God Eater 2: Rage Burst (western announcement, information, trailer)
Final Fantasy Agito+ (western announcement, information, trailer)
New exlusive Bandai Namo Vita game
Guerilla Cambridge Vita game announcement
Sony Bend Vita game announcement

Gravity Rush 2 (trailer, information)
New Final Fantasy Remake
SaGa (western announcement, information, trailer)
Monster Hunter Vita (new game announcement, information, trailer)

2. Playstation Vita M announcement
Playstation Vita M(obile)
Ultimate fusion between handheld and smartphone
Supports Android 
Supports 4G
Supports all Vita games

3. New price
Playstation Vita M = 175€ 
Playstation Vita = 150€
Playstation TV = 75€
4GB memory card = 5€
8GB memory card = 8€
16 GB 
memory card = 15€
32GB memory card = 25€
64GB memory card = 40€

Around the Network

What do you guys think about this Vita E3 2015 strategy?

Street Fighter V Port isn't happening. The PSVita would never be able to process the game. I mean, it's not even as powerful as the PS3! How would it play a PS4 game?

I honestly don't see it helping. Monster Hunter would help the Vita, but the majority of the fan base is on 3DS already. And Capcom sure as heck isn't going to shell out the cash to give Monster Hunter the HD release for that system that it would need to seem worthwhile switching to.

As for the mobile hybrid idea, I just don't see it. The Vita isn't going to attract the crowd playing free games on their phone they got for free with their contract :P . And gamers interested in a dedicated gaming device are not going to care because...they're interested in a dedicated gaming device. The 4G would be the only interesting thing it would have going for it.

a vita phone could work realy well for sony, they need something to sell their phones...

Around the Network

They cant they fudging cant They Muddafudging cant for fudge fudging sake"!

Ka-pi96 said:
Nuvendil said:
As for the mobile hybrid idea, I just don't see it. The Vita isn't going to attract the crowd playing free games on their phone they got for free with their contract :P . And gamers interested in a dedicated gaming device are not going to care because...they're interested in a dedicated gaming device. The 4G would be the only interesting thing it would have going for it.

But if it supported android as the OP suggests then it would have both the free mobile games as well as the proper Vita games, and would probably be available on contract as well.

A Vita of this type would cost significantly more to manufacture than a phone.  Which would inflate contract payments which is how you pay for devices.  And the issue here is why would the people not interested in a dedicated gaming device experience pay more - upfront or otherwise - for a dedicated device that won't play those free games any better?  And furthermore, as a substitute for a phone it would be highly impractical, far more clumsy than just a normal smartphone.  Just saying, the demographics this would supposedly appeal to wouldn't care enough about the advantages and would be off-put by the more clunky aspects inherent in the design.  

Vita is beyond saving, too small user base to be investing in AAA games and Sony has a real winning product with PS4 which is where they must invest.

Why would capcom sacrifice 4-6 million possible sales on the 3ds and put it on vita which would be 1-2 million at most?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

fireburn95 said:
They cant they fudging cant They Muddafudging cant for fudge fudging sake"!

Mike drop !?...