By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Evolve not selling well?

Do you think so?

Yes, I think it isn't selling well 142 50.90%

No, its surely selling we... 51 18.28%

Maybe 86 30.82%

Total:279

Good. Quit shoving awful DLC practices down our throats.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Well, both SKU's are about to disappear from the Top 100 on Amazon and this is only 4 days after launch.... Not to mention, according to OsirisBlack, The Order is preordering more than both Evolve SKUs combined.

Burek said:
Are there any rankings or leaderboards in game that you can check?

Anecdotal: Of about 300 people on a Croatian PS4 game sharing forum, there was not a single person looking to buy this game. Dying Light attracted about 30 people last week.

I have no evidence to back this up, but Dying Light seems like a sleeper hit, and Evolve coming out now may have been unlucky timing.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
Burek said:
Are there any rankings or leaderboards in game that you can check?

Anecdotal: Of about 300 people on a Croatian PS4 game sharing forum, there was not a single person looking to buy this game. Dying Light attracted about 30 people last week.

I have no evidence to back this up, but Dying Light seems like a sleeper hit, and Evolve coming out now may have been unlucky timing.

Dying Light did great for a new IP from the developers of Dead Island(that I liked, but many disliked numerous bugs). 400K first week in the US on disc, and not counting PC sales.

It also ranked #2 for the entire January in EU digitally, only behind Resident Evil, that is a much better known series, had a week more of sales and was $20.

So, yes, Dying Light did great!

platformmaster918 said:
-Newcloud- said:
I cant speak for everyone but I wont be getting it because I havent seen or heard anything of a single player mode, it just seems to be multiplayer only game with only 3 monsters to play as. A game like this would get boring and repetitive quick

yeah I might buy an all inclusive edition for $30

Thats probably the best option and much better value for money. If the multiplayer is still alive at that point.

Around the Network

Seems like the bubble of PS4/X1 software is about to burst. There was a time when every new release would do well simply because the library was still small and people who bought the console probably bought something new. Not so much the case anymore.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Well, it does have "horrible" reviews in the eyes of the modern audience and press.

-Newcloud- said:
platformmaster918 said:

yeah I might buy an all inclusive edition for $30

Thats probably the best option and much better value for money. If the multiplayer is still alive at that point.

Hopefully it sells enough that there's a decent community to keep it alive.  I don't wish an absolute flop on anyone but this game doesn't deserve to be bought at launch.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

It's just not my type of game, a multiplayer game and quite a high price tag for it. People called it a L4D type game, and though i enjoyed that game, it certainly wasn't one that I put a lot of time into. So it was an easy call for me, especially as MP only games don't really appeal to me these days.

As for dying light, awesome game, but too hard at times and night time is too scary for me :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Two reasons I won't be getting it:

1. No single player
2. Too many games that I really want right now like bloodborne, dying light and dragon ball xenoverse.