By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Evolve not selling well?

Do you think so?

Yes, I think it isn't selling well 142 50.90%

No, its surely selling we... 51 18.28%

Maybe 86 30.82%

Total:279

With that DLC bull I would not be sad if it doesn't break 2m.

Around the Network

Well its a new IP, a heavily multiplayer focused one and it doesn't have the marketing budget of Watchdogs, Destiny or Titanfall. If it underperforms at launch there is still hope with word of mouth.

BTW I think it is a tad cheeky that mulyiplayer only games are charging full price.

LudicrousSpeed said:
According to some here it only needs to sell about 1.5 million to be a success. Seems like it should hit that, what with 3 platform and all.

Nobody ever said that, you just drew a weird comparison between this and Bloodborne.

teigaga said:

Well its a new IP, a heavily multiplayer focused one and it doesn't have the marketing budget of Watchdogs, Destiny or Titanfall. If it underperforms at launch there is still hope with word of mouth.

BTW I think it is a tad cheeky that mulyiplayer only games are charging full price.

MP games are the ones that should charge $60, they generally have the most longevity. 515 or so hours (and counting) of Titanfall alone might dwarf all the time i put into SP games this gen entirely.

If you arent into MP, thats different. But then a game like this just isnt for you. But what about something like The Order? Are you ok with it being $60 and supposedly clocking in somewhere between 5 and 13 hours of SP only gaming?

The DLC practice they are doing with this game pretty much killed it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
teigaga said:

MP games are the ones that should charge $60, they generally have the most longevity. 515 or so hours (and counting) of Titanfall alone might dwarf all the time i put into SP games this gen entirely.

If you arent into MP, thats different. But then a game like this just isnt for you. But what about something like The Order? Are you ok with it being $60 and supposedly clocking in somewhere between 5 and 13 hours of SP only gaming?

It can of course vary by game but a single player game generally has far more going on in terms of assets created. environments, art/animations/music/scripted sequences. 

Multiplayer games can of course offer 100s of hours of gameplay, but I'm more gauging it from the perspective of what went in to create the game. Of course its not black and white but thats my knee jerk reaction.

It's possibly the bad reputation it has gotten over the few weeks.

LudicrousSpeed said:
teigaga said:

Multiplayer games tend to get their longevity out of having players doing the same thing over and over again, while single player games tend to get their longevity by constantly giving players something different to do. I do think that pricing systems need to be more flexible, so I wont comment specifically on The Order, but honestly, it would really only take about 3.5hours to see pretty much everything of substance that Evolve has to offer. Four Monsters, Four Hunter Classes and about 10minutes per match equals about 3.5 hours to play as every monster, and every class against every monster. There are some more modes, but they really aren't very substantial...Even if you want to play as every monster and every hunter class in every mode, that would only be about 14 hours...

Add to that the fact that most of each match is just spent wandering around...

Just because you put in 515 hours into a game, doesnt mean that game has 515 hours of content...

It means the content there has been worth 515 hours to me. And you don't do the same things in MP games. That's what makes them so different. You do the same things in SP games. If iI replay a level of Gears or The Order, I might change the weapon I use or something but the same story will play out, the same enemies will show up.

I can play Evacuation on Evolve and have two wildly different Hunt matches with a unique Nest match sandwiches between. It's pretty much the exact opposite of what you said.

And that's why MP games can release for the same price. They might even have less actual content on the disc but you get more out of that content.

i think the beta wasnt so got for sales...