Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Evolve not selling well?

Do you think so?

Yes, I think it isn't selling well 142 50.90%

No, its surely selling we... 51 18.28%

Maybe 86 30.82%

Total:279

It's just not my type of game, a multiplayer game and quite a high price tag for it. People called it a L4D type game, and though i enjoyed that game, it certainly wasn't one that I put a lot of time into. So it was an easy call for me, especially as MP only games don't really appeal to me these days.

As for dying light, awesome game, but too hard at times and night time is too scary for me :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Two reasons I won't be getting it:

1. No single player
2. Too many games that I really want right now like bloodborne, dying light and dragon ball xenoverse.

Madword said:
It's just not my type of game, a multiplayer game and quite a high price tag for it. People called it a L4D type game, and though i enjoyed that game, it certainly wasn't one that I put a lot of time into. So it was an easy call for me, especially as MP only games don't really appeal to me these days.

As for dying light, awesome game, but too hard at times and night time is too scary for me :)

You playing solo or with friends? I've got to a decent level and now night time feels too easy when doing it with a friend.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

It looks like a lot of fun and I have no doubt it took an absolute ton of work to balance but it's still a niche type of game that really requires a solid circle of friends to play. That's kind of tough on new consoles without a massive installed base.

You also have annoying little piss-ants who giving "user reviews" of 0/10 who never even fucking played the game. I absolutely loathe these dumb-asses and I'm generally easy-going with this internet rage stuff. These assholes, though, I wish could be banned from everything. "DUR HUR ITS GOT DLC." Shut the hell up, I know it's got DLC, but I'm trying to find honest impressions and instead I have to scroll through you and dozens of your idiot brethren. Damn, I hate these preachy, self-righteous fuckers.

you mean a game that's played best on pc, and has a digital purchase isn't selling well on amazon? That's odd.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Madword said:

You playing solo or with friends? I've got to a decent level and now night time feels too easy when doing it with a friend.

Playing on my own... but yeah i am a big whimp :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Madword said:

Playing on my own... but yeah i am a big whimp :)

Flares, lots and lots of flares...

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
GTAexpert said:

I have bought Evolve and its a pretty good game, very fun to play with friends. It can be intense sometimes, and sometimes scary, and it offers an experience which isn't something you'll find in many other games. Monsters are a nice change of pace from zombies in so many other games which try to create an intense and scary atmosphere, and its even better when the monster is your friend.

That said I just checked out its Amazon rankings and its really low. Is it not selling well? Its a good game, so if its not selling well then I think it proves that gamers don't want something new and unique but rather would have the things they are already familiar with. Also guys, you can give anecdotal experience about your friends and people around you if they are buying this game or not and why they aren't if so.

Or maybe it proves that they don't want 2/3rds of the game taken out and to be sold as overpriced DLC...

Whilst I don't agree with what you've posted, I do think your post focuses on one of the problems this generation: I have never seen the gaming media be so irresponsible as they have been since the release of PS4 and XBox.  

Too many in the gaming media are behaving in a dangerous and unprofessional manner, pandering to the largest section of their audience and tagging on click bait titles that very often don't even represent the sentiment of their main article.  The latest I have seen is the article saying Evolve's DLC cost something like $136, when the truth is that even if you bought every extra it would cost $60.  The game doesn't need the DLC, it's a full game you get for the initial outlay.  

The XBox One took a lot of flak and much of it was unjustified, just because the gaming media knew it would get their sites clicks.  Now we are starting to see the media attack PS4 games like The Order 1886 unfairly, before coding has finished and the developer has had a chance to optimise the game before launch.  I can only assume negative XBox stories don't get the clicks they used to.

Personally, I don't mind DLC. Games nowadays require more work and greater investment, yet we still want to pay no more than we did 10 or even 20 years ago.  Developers are going bust, laying off staff and not taking risks with games as a result. Games nowadays are comparatively cheap. DLC does not make a bad game good, so if you don't like the game, cut your losses and don't buy the DLC. If you do like the game and want to continue your enjoyment, you have the option of purchasing DLC.

theprof00 said:
you mean a game that's played best on pc, and has a digital purchase isn't selling well on amazon? That's odd.

You could use that argument for every game 

Considering half the game is going to be DLC, I'd say alot of people are going to be holding off for now.

Personally I would have preferred L4D3... it's actually been 5 years since the last one after everyone thought it was going to turn into another yearly franchise to milk, and both games still hold up fairly well.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.