By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Evolve not selling well?

Do you think so?

Yes, I think it isn't selling well 142 50.90%

No, its surely selling we... 51 18.28%

Maybe 86 30.82%

Total:279

I would have purchased it if they decided to not be greedy, and a lot of people have told me it is too difficult. I'm busy with Dying Light anyway, greed hurts in the long run.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

Around the Network

Anecdotal: Wait, there's a game called Evolve?!

It's still to early , but they are not giving that hype feeling, and their games is just another FPS like Titan Fall or Left for dead. So It will selling but not that big.

Pretty sure the DLC is scaring a lot of people away.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

LudicrousSpeed said:
It means the content there has been worth 515 hours to me. And you don't do the same things in MP games. That's what makes them so different. You do the same things in SP games. If iI replay a level of Gears or The Order, I might change the weapon I use or something but the same story will play out, the same enemies will show up.

I can play Evacuation on Evolve and have two wildly different Hunt matches with a unique Nest match sandwiches between. It's pretty much the exact opposite of what you said.

And that's why MP games can release for the same price. They might even have less actual content on the disc but you get more out of that content.

But you are still doing the same thing over and over again. The game makers didn't make 515 hours worth of content...they made maybe 10 and you just stretched it really far. The same could be done in any game that has random elements...once again, just because you personally can have fun doing the same thing over and over again for 515 hours, doesn't mean that game has a lot of content. You say you get more out of that content, but that is really up to the person and whether or not they can have fun doing the same thing over and over again. There have been numerous reviewers who have said that the game has already started to feel same-y and its only been out for a week. I wouldn't call that "getting more out of the content"...

Compare Evolve to another game about hunting giant monsters...like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate which just released for $20 less than evolve. In Monster Hunter 4U, there is both a single player and a multiplayer, tons of different armors, eleven weapon classes (each with its own giant upgrade tree), 98 Monsters (75 of those being large monsters) and just a generally huge mass of content. Yes, you only play as the hunters, but there is an undeniably huge amount of content here that Evolve can't even come close to matching. 

Around the Network

I honestly think it was originally designed as a F2P game, but because of the positive buzz and Microsoft marketing they decided to charge $60 upfront. While I think the game is doing poorly sales wise, if it was meant to be a F2P games (judging by how bad the nickle and dime tactics are) then it's more than likely still profitable.

I am more of single player guy and a lot of the game is locked off by DLC. I think I may buy it for $20 with all dlc included in the future. Devs love doing that so soon after release.

Farsala said:
I am more of single player guy and a lot of the game is locked off by DLC. I think I may buy it for $20 with all dlc included in the future. Devs love doing that so soon after release.

This is exactly why I stopped pre-ordering all but my most hyped games. Price drops seem to happen faster every year.

My friend was really interested in buying Evolve and wanted me to get it as well so that we could play together. But I kind of shied away after hearing the crazy DLC practices they were trying out with this game. So in the end neither of us got the game.

That's just my story though.

sundin13 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
It means the content there has been worth 515 hours to me. And you don't do the same things in MP games. That's what makes them so different. You do the same things in SP games. If iI replay a level of Gears or The Order, I might change the weapon I use or something but the same story will play out, the same enemies will show up.

I can play Evacuation on Evolve and have two wildly different Hunt matches with a unique Nest match sandwiches between. It's pretty much the exact opposite of what you said.

And that's why MP games can release for the same price. They might even have less actual content on the disc but you get more out of that content.

But you are still doing the same thing over and over again. The game makers didn't make 515 hours worth of content...they made maybe 10 and you just stretched it really far. The same could be done in any game that has random elements...once again, just because you personally can have fun doing the same thing over and over again for 515 hours, doesn't mean that game has a lot of content. You say you get more out of that content, but that is really up to the person and whether or not they can have fun doing the same thing over and over again. There have been numerous reviewers who have said that the game has already started to feel same-y and its only been out for a week. I wouldn't call that "getting more out of the content"...

Compare Evolve to another game about hunting giant monsters...like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate which just released for $20 less than evolve. In Monster Hunter 4U, there is both a single player and a multiplayer, tons of different armors, eleven weapon classes (each with its own giant upgrade tree), 98 Monsters (75 of those being large monsters) and just a generally huge mass of content. Yes, you only play as the hunters, but there is an undeniably huge amount of content here that Evolve can't even come close to matching. 

You arent doing the same thing again and again in a MP game. Its not like SP where the games are mostly scripted and nothing changes. I can play 5 different Hunt matches on Wraith Trap in Evolve and each one is wildly different :)

Monster Hunter is a handheld game, thats why its $20 cheaper. And if you wanna go down that rabbit hole, there should be about 50 different prices for games I guess. Look at the amount of content in World of Warcraft versus Witcher 3. I guess Witcher 3 should debut at like $9. So now we have both made silly comparisons between games and genres that make no sense.