By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite console design

The fat PS3 is the best, it looked expensive and cool. I like the PSOne model and the Dreamcast too. PS4 looks good too as the last Genesis model and the Wii did.

For handhelds, I think the Vita and the PSP looked great with that black piano finish.

For each company, I would say Sony did its best with the fat PS3, Nintendo with the Wii and MS with the X1 (I think it's too big, but it has a nice discrete design that I enjoy).

Around the Network

I like the 360 Slim, WiiU and the PS4 :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Wii U

Is anyone keeping score?

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I really like the original NES despite the awkwardness, it just has a cool color blocked thing with the mostly gray and then little bit of black

for newer consoles I like the Gamecube design simply because its very efficient and doesn't take up much space, although the PS1 white mini I always liked too. I also like the Model 1 Genesis design (although the other Genesis's were pretty ugly)

Behold:

It's Nintendo's Color TV-Game Block Breaker. One of their First Gen consoles, released in 1978. It already looks good, but just think of it; today's high-end materials and the buttons replaced with touch interface and razor sharp image would make for a seriously sleek console! Nintendo once took the design of a certain type of Game & Watch as a basis to create the DS, I'd love to one day see them do the same with the design of this old boy one day .

Taking the more mainstream consoles however, it's a lot harder. Not of them I would call 'beautiful', but I like the ones that have some kind of 'console-y' feel to them. I can't really describe it, but I mean the ones that look like they're a video game console. I'm thinking about N64 or Dreamcast. This gen I'd say WiiU comes closest to that look, but esthetically speaking the PS4 20th Anniversary is the prettiest of the 8th Gen.

Around the Network

Definitely GameCube (Black or Pearl) and Gameboy Advance SP.

Just love the desing, most GBASP. Since the first time I saw it I fell in love *_*

Psy... 

For the handhelds for me, it's a toss up between the OLED Vita and the GBA Micro.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

PS3 fat at the time was the best looking console ever. However, it now looks outdated now sitting next to a PS4, which is my new favorite.

Years ago I had this:

So beautiful!

Dallinor said:

PS3 fat at the time was the best looking console ever. However, it now looks outdated now sitting next to a PS4, which is my new favorite.

Years ago I had this:

So beautiful!

What happened to it?

Dallinor said:

Years ago I had this:

So beautiful!

I have that model! It's really nice but sadly the controller was broken was I got it.

+Dallinor you are so awesome!