By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite console design

kowenicki said:
Most consoles are horrible design

This gen is no exception.

This gen: Xbox ONE, then WiiU (PS4 materials are too cheap and its design is trying too hard, a bit like a kid that buys a small car and puts LED running lights and a spolier on it).

Last gen: PS3 fat (the two slims were horrific, the latest one is insulting) and 360S close second

Previous gen: Gamecube. PS2 Slim.

while youre entitled to your opinion, the materials comment is nonsense.

Around the Network

Haha. I knew that Kowen was going to praise the Xbox and talk smack about PS before reading his post. Didn't disappoint

For me it's like this.
Grey PSX was the cool back in the day, as time passed I think the PS Slim looks so cut, adorable and I like it more than the original at this point. Still the N64 takes the cake when it come to that gen. That console was so bad-ass in every aspect!

PS2 takes the following gen, both fat and slim are incredible designs and they stand vertically.

The previous gen it's obviously the black X360s (the first slim, not the one currently manufactured Xbone inspired one, which is ugly).

This gen PS4 is far and away the sexiest console. Xbone is a monster, such a big, clunky and an uninspired design.

Honorable mention goes to black Wii and black Wii U, which both place 2nd in their generations just slightly edged out by the winners. Both being beautiful consoles as well.

And when it comes to handhelds OG OLED Vita is uncontested.

Moderated - Starcraft

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

PS4 looks aerodynamic so I like it. Wii and WiiU are neat little boxes so those I like too as was the GameCube. Props to the original Xbox for the X atop the console.

PS4.
It stays cool without making a lot of noise, looks great, doesnt need a power brick, isnt a dust magnet. Well designed on the inside and the outside.

I am a big fan of the curved lines of the N64. It looks great. The Wii is a pretty sexy little console when it it stood up on the stand.

I am surprised that the Gamecube is getting so much love. That design was absolutely hated when it came out. I like the handle on it, but other than that, the design was not very good. It is just a box.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I don't know. But SNES and the Black Wii look cool.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

kowenicki said:

that right and imo the plastics look and feel cheap.

its the polar opposite of the original and gorgeous PS3 and continues the trend of the god awful PS3 slims.

The problem is, the PS4 and XBO uses the exact same supplier for ABS and PLA pellets, and the exact same grain pitch for the injection molds, (textured sides on XBO, main body on ps4), the same goes for the gloss (drive cover on ps4 / froont right, top left of xbo).

So my issue isnt with your opinion, my issue is with the "materials are cheap" part, because it doesn't make any sense with the above in mind

Tachikoma said:
kowenicki said:

that right and imo the plastics look and feel cheap.

its the polar opposite of the original and gorgeous PS3 and continues the trend of the god awful PS3 slims.

The problem is, the PS4 and XBO uses the exact same supplier for ABS and PLA pellets, and the exact same grain pitch for the injection molds, (textured sides on XBO, main body on ps4), the same goes for the gloss (drive cover on ps4 / froont right, top left of xbo).

So my issue isnt with your opinion, my issue is with the "materials are cheap" part, because it doesn't make any sense with the above in mind

oh dang

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

I find Nintendo consoles to generally have the most pleasing and for the most practical designs... I love the GameCube design the most.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

even though its pretty angular and stuff, i still think the original Ps1 takes the 1st place spot for me, just because of how iconic it is, and how the mere sight of it brings back fond memories of the games.