By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite console design

Ps1, dreamcast ps4. By far the 3 nicest consoles. The rest don't come close imo.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

If you say so.  They sure feel different to me, I guess something else is off then.

In all fairness she is spot on,as I work in the field of making gaming peripherals for both third and first party, I have access to detailed materials specifications so that accessories/addons can properly match the color, finish and material of the original consoles.

With that in mind both consoles use cycolac MG4x series ABS virgin pellets with SR colorant (9005 jet black), both use the same pitch, depth and density for the finish, the only real difference between the two is that the PS4 parts are given a final run in a chemical bath to normalize the grain and provide resistance to fingerprints (on both matte and gloss parts), that portion of the process is skipped for the xbox one parts because only the sides, rear and bottom have the grain, the right side venting does not have any grain and is just bare from the mold.

From a tech viewpoint, the chemical treatment actually makes the PS4 parts the more premium of the two, but the overall effect is essentially the same.

kowenicki said:

Right, excellent.  Like I said... they sure feel different to me and one feels better.  You arent going to change my opinion by saying the same thing over and over.  Same goes for the controller, feels like cheaper plastic to me.

You both dont seem to have a problem with me liking the ps3 and ps2 but how dare I not prefer the Ps4.  This site.... 

What has your preference in console got to do with cold hard facts? neither one of us cares if you like the xbox one more, we simply pointed out that theyre both using the same materials, the same grade, the same supplier and the same product family and thus, are virtually exactly the same quality wise.

Tachikoma said:

What has your preference in console got to do with cold hard facts? neither one of us cares if you like the xbox one more, we simply pointed out that theyre both using the same materials, the same grade, the same supplier and the same product family and thus, are virtually exactly the same quality wise.

It doesn't fascilitate confirmation bias, so it is perceived as an attack/defense rather than simply laying out the facts.

Tamron said:

It doesn't fascilitate confirmation bias, so it is perceived as an attack/defense rather than simply laying out the facts.

woah there tiger, put the claws away ;)

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

woah there tiger, put the claws away ;)

yeah, just bugs me, that last line especially, its like "i reject the facts and subtly call you playstation fanboy/fangirls" then tacks on "this site.." as if everyone on these forums is below him.

Seems he just doesn't like being called out on talking smack.

User has been moderated for this post.

- Shinobi-san

I love the blocky design of both the Xbox One and Gamecube!

For me, The gamecube remains the most beautiful console ever. The Dreamcast and fat PS2 come in second place.

Slim PS2, as small and quiet as possible