By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You still think that PS3 will outsell Wii?

Will PS3 beat the Wii?

Yes, It will. 94 23.86%

Nope, i don't think. 142 36.04%

NO!!! Just no! 0% chance 157 39.85%

Total:393

Really depends on when Sony will cut the PS3's price and by how much.

Around the Network

Does anybody really think the PS3 will sell 15 million in the next few years

I don't think it will. The PS3 is near the end of it's lifespan and because of the ps4's popularity, people are transitioning over to it. Nintendo has to win sometimes.

Well, if we consider AMD's numbers of XBO and PS4's shipped, coupled with MS's shipments, it looks like the 360 is ~1.5M undertracked here, possibly more. More than likely the PS3 is undertracked by a similar amount. This not only means that the gap is actually less than 15M, probably around 14M, but that the PS3 is also performing a little better than VGC suggests.

Having said that, I still don't think it will pull it off UNLESS Sony drops the PS3's price this year to $199 for a 500GB SKU and $149 for the 12GB SKU.

I think we will see an even bigger drop this year for generation 7, so it will absolutely not reach that goal. It will not reach second place either, but it just goes to show how strong last generation was in sales.

Around the Network

I used to think it had a chance. Had they cut the price earlier and hadn't the PS4 started so strongly I think it would have. The small price difference and popularity of PS4 cut PS3's legs short.

$250 vs $400 is simply too close in price for many people to get a PS3 instead of a PS4. Compare that to the $130 vs $600 difference PS2 and PS3 had.

We now see PS4 outpacing PS2 by 4:1 in developing countries. So no, as of now I don't think it has a chance.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

depends on what happens, if they for example, released one at $99, it may have a chance of hitting 100m, just like the ugly networking-less wii helped get nintendo there.

Lawlight said:
Sure, it can. The problem is that the PS3 has not had a price drop for years now. Developing countries still cannot afford it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197412

You hoped for 11 million in 2013 for the PS3 to realize that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

1,100,000 PS3 shipped this Holiday... barely half of XB360 sales...
Ouch...

Consoles sold don't matter, profit made matters. Even the GC was a bigger succes story if you ask me.