By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What version of Windows do you have?

What version of Windows do you have?

XP 20 5.54%

Vista 8 2.22%

7 177 49.03%

8 6 1.66%

8.1 114 31.58%

Other 14 3.88%

See Results 22 6.09%

Total:361

W10 here!

Around the Network

Windows 8.1

Goddbless said:

[...]
I'm guessing you're using it on a tablet?

Tablet/Notebook Hybrid. It has the full-fledged Windows though, not that RT stuff.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

SpokenTruth said:
Since Linux is being discussed as well, I have CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint and Kali also in virtual environments.

Just getting into Kali. It's absolutely incredible for tech heads.

Kali is indeed awesome, I used backtrack a few years ago quite frequently. It is a recommended distro like grml for every network- and sysadmin

Puppyroach said:
W10 here!

On your everyday machine? Awesome! I heard you can upgrade the preview to a "normal" release of Windows 10? Any problems so far? I heard that there are some bugs because of the video drivers meaning only the ones which Windows 10 ships with can be used (read: you can use other drivers [vendor drivers] but you have to fiddle with the inis).

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Puppyroach said:
W10 here!

On your everyday machine? Awesome! I heard you can upgrade the preview to a "normal" release of Windows 10? Any problems so far? I heard that there are some bugs because of the video drivers meaning only the ones which Windows 10 ships with can be used (read: you can use other drivers [vendor drivers] but you have to fiddle with the inis).

Yes, and it works really well overall. I haven´t had any crashes and I have used it since it was first made available (I did the same with W8 way back :)). I think it is a good way to give input and help MS perfect the system. I haven´t had any bugs that I can think of but I rarely play videos on this computer so that might be an explanation.

walsufnir said:
SpokenTruth said:
Since Linux is being discussed as well, I have CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint and Kali also in virtual environments.

Just getting into Kali. It's absolutely incredible for tech heads.

Kali is indeed awesome, I used backtrack a few years ago quite frequently. It is a recommended distro like grml for every network- and sysadmin

Kali is a linux distribution now?

Need to log that in my memory banks as i remember paying $20 for access to Kali gaming server back in the 90s lol.

A couple of computers make a couple of Windows versions:

On my 486DX: Win 3.11 and Win 95 SE in dualboot
On my Pentium 166MMX and my Pentium 233MMX: Win 98 SE
On my Athlon64 3000+: Win XP SP3
On my Athlon II 635: Win 7 Ultimate

And my next computer will probably be Windows 10 ;)

Still using Windows 7 on my laptop, while my brother bought one with 8.1. Might change both to Windows 10.

7 since 2010, just made a new pc, 7, bought a laptop few month ago took 7 aswell.

I don't want to support 8 and its metro ui.