Forums - PC Discussion - What version of Windows do you have?

What version of Windows do you have?

XP 20 5.54%

Vista 8 2.22%

7 177 49.03%

8 6 1.66%

8.1 114 31.58%

Other 14 3.88%

See Results 22 6.09%

Total:361
walsufnir said:
Puppyroach said:
W10 here!

On your everyday machine? Awesome! I heard you can upgrade the preview to a "normal" release of Windows 10? Any problems so far? I heard that there are some bugs because of the video drivers meaning only the ones which Windows 10 ships with can be used (read: you can use other drivers [vendor drivers] but you have to fiddle with the inis).

Yes, and it works really well overall. I haven´t had any crashes and I have used it since it was first made available (I did the same with W8 way back :)). I think it is a good way to give input and help MS perfect the system. I haven´t had any bugs that I can think of but I rarely play videos on this computer so that might be an explanation.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
SpokenTruth said:
Since Linux is being discussed as well, I have CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint and Kali also in virtual environments.

Just getting into Kali. It's absolutely incredible for tech heads.

Kali is indeed awesome, I used backtrack a few years ago quite frequently. It is a recommended distro like grml for every network- and sysadmin

Kali is a linux distribution now?

Need to log that in my memory banks as i remember paying $20 for access to Kali gaming server back in the 90s lol.

A couple of computers make a couple of Windows versions:

On my 486DX: Win 3.11 and Win 95 SE in dualboot
On my Pentium 166MMX and my Pentium 233MMX: Win 98 SE
On my Athlon64 3000+: Win XP SP3
On my Athlon II 635: Win 7 Ultimate

And my next computer will probably be Windows 10 ;)

Still using Windows 7 on my laptop, while my brother bought one with 8.1. Might change both to Windows 10.

Nettles said:
walsufnir said:

Kali is indeed awesome, I used backtrack a few years ago quite frequently. It is a recommended distro like grml for every network- and sysadmin

Kali is a linux distribution now?

Need to log that in my memory banks as i remember paying $20 for access to Kali gaming server back in the 90s lol.

Not the same thing, sorry.

The Kali linux distribution is a serious network security and penetration system. 

Walsufniur, Kali IS from the people behind Backtrack.   Think of Kali as Backtrack 6.  It's their latest project and goes way deeper than Backtrack ever did.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network

7 since 2010, just made a new pc, 7, bought a laptop few month ago took 7 aswell.

I don't want to support 8 and its metro ui.

Using the Windows 10 Insider Preview on my laptop. Have Windows 8.1 on my desktop. 10 works great so far, though I never really had a problem with 8.1

Windows 10. Kinda buggy at the moment though.

Windows 7!

Windows 8.1 but I'll be upgrading to Windows 10 later this year.