By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 90's Arcade Racer Gameplay

Wish this was on Xbox. I will have to play it on PC.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
spemanig said:
Call me in another two years when it's actually out.

It'll be a launch title for the PS6 at 4k/120fps. ;)

Seriously though, all the delays this generation are getting very tiresome. This was supposed to out last year, now it doesn't even have a release date.

I remember reading something about less than 2% of the population being able to tell the difference between 1080p and 4k. 120fps makes some people dizzy too. That is one trend I doubt I'll buy into :P

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:
Eh, something is missing here. Could really use some U-turns and jumps because those three minutes of footage were very same-y.

Probably cos its a solo run, while they're shooting for 30 cars in races.

Putting more vehicles on the tracks doesn't change the course design.

Its quite a bit different to driving solo though. Jostling between cars, etc. Personally I'm not a fan of hairpin turns, so I don't have a problem with them missing.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

Putting more vehicles on the tracks doesn't change the course design.

Its quite a bit different to driving solo though. Jostling between cars, etc. Personally I'm not a fan of hairpin turns, so I don't have a problem with them missing.

This isn't a Nintendo game, so you can stop with your white-knighting.

There aren't any Nintendo games under attack at the moment, I have to practice somehow. :p

I personally love how this game looks! Hopefully it'll come out soon-ish!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

There aren't any Nintendo games under attack at the moment, I have to practice somehow. :p

Either way, both of you aussies won't be able to play the game.
The game is being published by Nicalis... that means no Australian release.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/nicalis_wed_like_to_support_europe_but_nintendo_doesnt_make_the_process_easy

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/nicalis_wed_like_to_support_europe_but_nintendo_doesnt_make_the_process_easy

obligatory:

You can create a NNID of another European country (if it releases in Europe at all).

RolStoppable said:
episteme said:
I liked Ridge Racer on PS1 and Daytona USA on PC as a kid, but this game looks worse than those games to be honest.

You know, it just hit me what the main inspiration for The '90s Arcade Racer is. Freakin' Cruis'n USA which was like the worst of them all. Lame track design across the board that had a grand total of one challenging turn, plus questionable music. The entire enjoyment came from how bad it was and the fact that you didn't pay money for it, but some kid that you didn't like.

Did you ever play San Francisco Rush?  That was worse than Cruis'N USA.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

It's inspired by SEGA games, a cause far more worth of white-knighting!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

TomaTito said:
curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

They still brought Cave Story 3D to Europe just recently, and they've said 1001 Spikes is on the way.

His quote implies a delayed release, not no release at all.