By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 90's Arcade Racer Gameplay

@episteme: jejeje

curl-6 said:

They still brought Cave Story 3D to Europe just recently, and they've said 1001 Spikes is on the way.

His quote implies a delayed release, not no release at all.

Cave Story 3D was retail, not?

Now the 2D version (original rls date Dec 2004):

• WiiWare version of Cave Story were both released in 2010 (9 month delay for EU).
  • The DSi version never came out in Europe (it was released in NA one month before EU WiiWare version).
  • Steam version of Cave Story+ came out on Nov 2011.
  • 3DS version was released in Oct 2012, European rls date on May 2014. 
But yeah, never say never, although with the Nicalis experience so far (and their comments) expect at least one more year until we see this game. That means 1001 Spikes should come out from summer onwards.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
curl-6 said:

They still brought Cave Story 3D to Europe just recently, and they've said 1001 Spikes is on the way.

Cave Story 3D was retail, not?

Now the 2D version (original rls date Dec 2004):

• WiiWare version of Cave Story were both released in 2010 (9 month delay for EU).
  • The DSi version never came out in Europe (it was released in NA one month before EU WiiWare version).
  • Steam version of Cave Story+ came out on Nov 2011.
  • 3DS version was released in Oct 2012, European rls date on May 2014. 
But yeah, never say never, although with the Nicalis experience so far (and their comments) expect at least one more year until we see this game. That means 1001 Spikes should come out from summer onwards.

I'm expecting a delay, I'm just not giving up all hope of it ever arriving just yet. ;)

curl-6:

I suspect Cave Story 3D only came to Europe because NIS America were involved, which they certainly won't be here:

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/cave-story/

i feel like the most important part to any good 90s racer was missing from that trailer. Short cuts. Finding and using short cuts that took alot of skill were always my favorite part of these games. San Fransisco Rush was always one of my favorites in the arcade.  Oh and hydro thunder!

CarcharodonKraz said:

i feel like the most important part to any good 90s racer was missing from that trailer. Short cuts. Finding and using short cuts that took alot of skill were always my favorite part of these games. San Fransisco Rush was always one of my favorites in the arcade.  Oh and hydro thunder!

I think it's more based on the Japanese 90s arcade racers than the Midway stuff so I wouldn't expect any short cuts, just ridiculously over the top drifting, primary colours and cheesy music.

I can't wait :D

Did love Rush 2049 and Hydro Thunder on the Dreamcast.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
curl-6:

I suspect Cave Story 3D only came to Europe because NIS America were involved, which they certainly won't be here:

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/cave-story/

They've still said 1001 Spikes is coming. Their European releases are delayed, but they happen.