By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever liked a sequel to a game you hated/disliked?

First game was trite.  Second is one of my favourite ever.

Around the Network

Pitfall 2: Lost caverns. I don't really like Pitfall. Probably because i played 2 first.

RenCutypoison said:
Farsala said:
RenCutypoison said:
Digimon world 3. I don't get how people can say 2 does have some appeal, it's a terrible game stuck between two of the best game in the franchise.

I like them all. Digimon world 2 battles bored me to death. But once I got enough patience to live through it, I really liked to mess around with DNA digivolving. I had my save file in the last area, but lost it. Definitely will not pick it up again anytime soon. Digimon world 1 however I play often.

OT: Thought Stronhold was meh, but I really like the spinoff sequel Stronghold Crusader.

Did you hear about redigitize fan-translation ending soon ? 

Nice, too bad I have little chance of playing it. Maybe an emulator. Odd that they didn't release it outside of Japan. Almost 60k signed the petition to release it.

Then they release Digimon All star rumble, which I assume did not do so well. Should have just done Redigitize.

Oh, God of War. Bought it for PS2 because of graphics and boobs. Slogged through it but hated it. Got GoW3 from a pawn shop for like $10 and figured I should play part two. Heard the second wasn't as good..... but that was bullshit! It was great!!

I love Mass Effect 2 but I hated the first one.

Around the Network

I hated infamous 1 and 2. I liked Second Son a lot.

Did not like Super Mario Bros. Super Mario 2 was beyond excellent.

coolbeans said:

Just got back.  I stated my condition and the doctor said I was fine.  When asked of my condition, he just said I had a "superior opinion."  

Such a strange visit.  

You and your doctor are high bro.

Okay seriously now! The reason why I dislike it so much is because it had a lot of RPG elements which didn't fit with the style of the game. Mass Effect 2 was more action oriented and was a lot more fun.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

kinisking said:
enditall727 said:
kinisking said:
Ultravolt said:

It's not that I hated or disliked it, but I could never get into Ocarina of Time. However, I REALLY enjoyed Majora's Mask.

I could never get into ocarina either. I don't understand the hype 

Yes you do. It was the 1st 3d Zelda. And it was a great game at that. What is there not to understand?

Whatever..

Why are you so offended. I don't understand the current hype then. People still act like it's the best Zelda game. It might even been at one time but not anymore. It's horrible outdated and most people are just relying on nostalgia. 

You have to play some games when they were released and the console tech/grapthics were fresh. The younger generations of gamers have a hard time with understanding why people liked some of the older games so much. I'm not defending ocarina of time though.

If I don't like the first game I play in a series then I won't touch that series again. Fable is an example of that. Sometimes, if the problems from the first game persist throughout the series eventually I'll get turned off from the series. AC and COD are series I won't touch because of that.