By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever liked a sequel to a game you hated/disliked?

Red Steel

I disliked the first game. Aiming with the Wii remote was a new experience and somewhat worked (though later games like Conduit and Metroid Prime 3 handled it a lot better), but controls in general were bad. It was just a bland and disapointing game overall.

Red Steel 2, however was great and somewhat underappreciated. Completely different from the original. It had motion+ controls which I felt worked great with both shooting and especially swordfighting. Also the style and atmosphere of the game was cool, mixing the Wild West and Japan. Truly a unique game, not much like it.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Around the Network

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Tomb Raider: Legend

Not sure if they count because they were made by new teams.

Fable 3 was pretty fun, while I could barely play Fable 2. The games were pretty similar easy, button mashers, with a lot of fart jokes. The series is below average, but can be fun if given a chance.

Every Ass Creed after the original is a fun time. The only good thing about the original is a fun world to explore. All the rest have better worlds and greater gameplay variety.

Anfebious said:
sundin13 said:
Anfebious said:
Mass Effect 2, I loved that game to death but I hated the first one.

Ah, thats a good one...I forgot how much I dislike Mass Effect 1 @.@

Indeed! There is people out there that say ME 1 is the best of the series... what areothose people smoking?

Opinion?

Delicious, delicious games.

sundin13 said:
Dragon Age Inquisition looks interesting, while the first two look too bland...haven't played them though >.>

Otherwise, if I actually play a game I don't like, I'm not gonna play its sequel

the first Dragon Age is amazing

second terrible

third quite mediocre

you have it backwards!! the first one was incredible quality, surprised when I played it

Around the Network
kinisking said:
sundin13 said:
Dragon Age Inquisition looks interesting, while the first two look too bland...haven't played them though >.>

Otherwise, if I actually play a game I don't like, I'm not gonna play its sequel

I agree, I'm loving dragon age inquisition. Disliked the demo for either the first or second one. Don't remember which one it was xD

ewww Dragon Age Inquistion is so bland

E.T. 2

TheVoraciousFox said:

Opinion?

Mass Effect 1's shooting feels terrible and it feels like weapons like any machine gun are basically useless (shot spread was way too high imo), the "skill tree" is crappy (especially the fact that you need to level up your morality paths...what?), the progression feels non-existant, the morality system was bland (unfortunately its not much better in the second), the citadel was horribly boring and way too big, the side quests were bad, planet exploration was horribly boring, etc.

Yeah, its an opinion, but I would like somebody to explain to me what exactly is better in ME1 than ME2...

mountaindewslave said:

the first Dragon Age is amazing

second terrible

third quite mediocre

you have it backwards!! the first one was incredible quality, surprised when I played it

I know, thats what I've heard, but I watch videos of DA 1 and I fall asleep...the aesthetic is just horribly unappealing and bland, while Inquisition is much much nicer looking (imo). I want to play DA 1 just because I've heard so many good things (and I have heard a good deal of bad things about DA:I) but every time I watch some videos I think "this just doesn't look appealing"

coolbeans said:

Maybe.  :P

Real truth: I can understand annoyances with things like the inventory system, but the TPS action + RPG elements coalesced so well with me.  Being able to constantly loot stuff from other planets + upgrade guns was rather engaging.  Despite the controls, I loved the idea of the Mako as well.  That sensation of being able to chart dozens of different planets across several galaxies, seeing your tank drop from low orbit, and then start driving around to see what might pop up.  

I can admit technical anomlies and certain ideas weren't exectured properly but it was that overwhelming sense of ambition across so many aspects back in 2007 was, for me, quite exciting.  ME2 is definately an awesome game in its own right, but 1 still takes the cake for me.

The inventory system and overabundance of useless loot was my main issue, oh and the mako too... I don't really HATE it but I feel ME 2 cleared those annoyances from the first and went straight to the point. And for that I love it a lot more! It may also help that I played ME 2 and 3 before playing 1 so my opinion is a bit biased since ME 2 was my first ME game.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"