By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

Looks like Sony's 18.5 million announcement really help VGC getting the right XBO numbers.

Around the Network

December basically flat on November? Is that normal?

TheGoldenBoy said:
Looks like Sony's 18.5 million announcement really help VGC getting the right XBO numbers.

Yep, and some were criticizing them for lowering the XBO's numbers "without any proof."

One thing that really pisses me off about this gen's NPD and overall sales is is that the losing party refuses to say shit.
Sony wins NPD = puts out some PR statement
Microsoft wins NPD = puts out some PR statement
Sony loses NPD = stays quiet
Microsoft loses NPD = stays quiet or comes out with some sketchy PR statement
Also, Microsoft still refuses to give us a sell through number unlike Sony.

Teeqoz said:
December basically flat on November? Is that normal?

I think the black friday deals were so good that many people who normally would have bought a console for xmas did it in november instead.

I think Nintendo should have sold more, because the % of parents buying consoles for their kids as xmas gift instead of adults buying consoles for themselves is bigger in nintendo consoles.

Around the Network

I actually don't know what's up with Nintendo. The Wii U only costs 50 dollars less than Xbox One, that's nothing.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

poklane said:
One thing that really pisses me off about this gen's NPD and overall sales is is that the losing party refuses to say shit.
Sony wins NPD = puts out some PR statement
Microsoft wins NPD = puts out some PR statement
Sony loses NPD = stays quiet
Microsoft loses NPD = stays quiet or comes out with some sketchy PR statement
Also, Microsoft still refuses to give us a sell through number unlike Sony.

Sony wasn't quiet last month. They said they won the day of Black Friday on Amazon bestsellers list.

Hell yeah! On the permanent/promotional price cut! :D

Now the Domination can truly begin!

Chartz was spot on tracking the X1. Do we have PS4 numbers yet?

Metallox said:
I actually don't know what's up with Nintendo. The Wii U only costs 50 dollars less than Xbox One, that's nothing.

Wii U Gamepad is why the Wii U has its pricepoint.

Wii U has had its best month ever according to GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=147647708#post147647708