By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

MoHasanie said:
Woah, so the price cut is permanent now?

No it's a "promotion".... without a ending date.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

Well they still are using the word 'promotion':

''The Xbox One deals were quite popular and have inspired a new promotion starting January 16 where fans in the U.S. can buy an Xbox One for $349 at their preferred retailer.''

poklane said:
SJReiter said:
Lol why would they raise the price of the Xbone only to drop it back like a week later? huh?

I'm not a lawyer or expert on laws or something, but maybe to stay out of legal trouble? Obviously it was a promotion, and I think laws require you to go back to the original price for at least some time.

Don't think so.  Most likely they just wanted to not take so much loss on HW, so raised back after the holidays, hoping the holiday momentum would carry over.  Going by the rankings on various sites, it's obvious that it didn't.  It'll be interesting to see how the XBO sells during the slower months, while being $50 cheaper than the PS4.

poklane said:
MoHasanie said:

Well they still are using the word 'promotion':

''The Xbox One deals were quite popular and have inspired a new promotion starting January 16 where fans in the U.S. can buy an Xbox One for $349 at their preferred retailer.''

They've got to create 'panic buying' in the hope it gives them a chance in Feb and March. People will deny this but that's exactly what they're doing here.

The PS5 Exists. 

Not sure if this is really a big deal, but apparently the Xbone also had the most games sold during December of all current-gen systems. That Greenberg dude just tweeted that.

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Not sure if this is really a big deal, but apparently the Xbone also had the most games sold during December of all current-gen systems. That Greenberg dude just tweeted that.

Its a big deal for that profit people keep raving about.

Where did we get the 1.2 million number?

MANUELF said:
Where did we get the 1.2 million number?

Xbox One November + December 2014 NPD is 50% higher than Xbox 360 in November + December in 2006. Xbox 360 sold ~1.6mil in that period, so Xbox One did ~2.4mil in this period. Last month was ~1.2mil, so 2.4-1.2=1.2

jlmurph2 said:
SJReiter said:

Its a big deal for that profit people keep raving about.

yeah I could see this making profit

but then again wii u and 3ds had lots of game sales last year and nintendo lost profit...so yeah

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

lol, MS thought they would be able to match PS4 sales at the same price. They realised really quickly that they cannot.