By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worst 3D Zelda?

?

Ocarina of Time 22 4.37%

Majora's Mask 58 11.53%

Wind Waker 85 16.90%

Twilight Princess 81 16.10%

Skyward Sword 140 27.83%

FUR SWURDS ADVENTURS 117 23.26%

Total:503

What do you guys think is the WORST 3D Zelda? I decided to limit it down to only 3D Zelda so everyone doesn't say "PHANJUM HORGLAS" or "FUR SWURD ADVENTURS"

Yep, you gotta pick which is the worst 3D Zelda, pretty much all of them are master pieces, but there must be one that is the worst!

Around the Network

Skyward Sword by far! Motion Controls, long ass hand-holding, Stamina meter, Fi as well as a few other things

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I disagree that they're all masterpieces when they all clearly have flaws but I digress. The worst would have to be Wind Waker for me. Just didn't like the art style and all the sailing was BEYOND annoying. The story didn't do it any favors either.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Skyward Sword.

Granted I used to hate on it a lot, I did a speed run with a friend over Christmas Break and 20 hours in we were close but not quite done. Me replaying it made me realize it actually was really good and pretty fun. Fi ruins a lot of it though and prevents it from passing OoT for me.

Skyward Sword, to me, felt like it was missing some elements that previous games had. I found most of the music forgettable and some of the backtracking missions were really tedious and Fi felt rather annoying to me. Most of the areas weren't mindblowing for me other than Skyloft itself and it felt too linear at times. I can see why people like it but it always felt amiss for me.

Around the Network

TP.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

As much as I like Skyward Sword, it's definitely a weaker entry compared to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker (I haven't played too much of Twilight Princess).

I didn't mind the motion controls at all, but there were some things I didn't like, like the stamina meter.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Not another 3D Zelda thread!

But SS, all day every day is the worst 3D Zelda by far. Pretty much if you go by the release order of 3D console Zeldas, you get the list of best to worst starting with TOOT and heading straight dowhill from there until SS. Hopefully the next 3D entry in the series, The Legend of Zelda: Horses That Steer Themselves (HTST, sounds like a vehicle from Star Wars) will change all that.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I haven't played Skyward Sword but Twilight Princess was rather hit and miss. The intro tutorial was way too long, I also was not fond of how you had to unlock every area by going into the twilight realm as a wolf. Overall the game just feels like it's dragging on way too much.

Yeah, Skyward Sword. Some the uses for motion+ were good, all the rest were annoying and/or bad, there was almost no exploration and story wasn't compelling.