Majora's Mask 58 11.53%

Wind Waker 85 16.90%

Twilight Princess 81 16.10%

Skyward Sword 140 27.83%

FUR SWURDS ADVENTURS 117 23.26%

Total:503
Samus Aran said:
mZuzek said:
I just seriously can't understand why everyone says The Wind Waker was the easiest. I mean, sure it was ridiculously easy, but it still gave me work a couple of times, unlike Twilight Princess, which was just offensive with how easy it was.

To be honest the only 3D Zelda games that actually challenged me to some extent were Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask.

OoT was the easiest. I used a guide sometimes for WW :lol.

Really? Opposite way for me, WW was really linear for such an "open world" type exploration game.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Ashitaka92 said:
alternine said:
Metallox said:
Ocarina of Time may have been revolutionary for its time, establishing the current formula of Zelda 3D games, but there's no denying that today, and compared to its successors, Ocarina of Time fails miserably, the other3D Zelda games are improvements over this one, even the somewhat boring Skyward Sword.

Nostalgia is a horrible mistress isn't it?

or maybe people think it's a legitimately well designed game, also for some reason the nostalgia argument applies to OoT but not to Wind Waker or Majora's Mask, I bet a lot of people here have nostalgia for the Gamecube era.

Wind Waker was one of my very first video games, and that didn't stop me to consider this game enormously boring (I blame the sealing), although today I appreciate it more, even more when the HD edition released. But even then, Wind Waker feels more polished and solid than Ocarina of Time.

I mean, come on, Ocarina of Time's "puzzles" are very archaic and combat is dull, I don't understand the praise it gets today because it's not 1998 anymore, every single other game of the series in consoles has surpassed this one.

I think you need to consider the game world at the time. For its time and place it was very innovating, and as time goes on, newer games have to build off of that level of quality and be better, otherwise people wouldn't buy the newer games. Many can say that Gran Tourismo is much better than Outrun, but Outrun was a major improvement over Pole Position.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com