By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

Simple, for kids; the Wii U is lame, you can't do 360 no scopez on it. For everyone else, they don't want to miss out on all those 1000+ games the Wii U won't ever get.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

It's quite obvious

The Wii U gets like 10 retail games a year...

Not only that but the main genre Nintendo has going for it is platformers. In a day & age where people want shooters & open world, they don't cut it.

alternine, KLXVER and specially DerNebel covered it.

Personally, it's a lack of diversity and a weak library.

Paatar said:
alternine said:
Its called "prefrence". Some people dont like Nintendo games. The games they do want are on PS4 XBOX and PC. Its as simple as that.

I swear half the time it isn't preference. Most of the time, people who haven't bought a Nintendo console in a while, haven't played Mario and don't really remember how fun it is. (Same with other games like Pikmin and Mario Kart) THey feel it isn't "mainstream" and "cool" to own a Wii U even though it has the best library of games right now. I mean, if Smash, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Hyrule Warriors, ZombiU and if future releases like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, Splatoon and Star Fox U don't want people to want the Wii U, what will? (I know those WILL be system sellers)

My point is, even if all those games they love were on the Wii U, they still would not get it. So I wouldn't consider it preference because half the time they just haven't owned Nintendo in a long time and don't think it is "cool". (Whereas yes, sometimes it is preference)

Well first saying that the Wii U has the best line up is subjective. Second you have no way of knowing whether someone has bought a Nintendo console or not. But I do agree that they feel that Mario isnt mainstream or cool. 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Some people may want to play Nintendo games, but with a Wii U you're pretty much limited to "only" playing Nintendo games except for the occasional 2nd or 3rd party release.

Xbox One and PlayStation 4 offer a larger, more varied library that the Wii U just doesn't, and while I do like my Wii U I can understand why people decide to skip it in favor of the other systems.

Too kiddy

User warned for this post -RavenXtra

Wii U lacks the most popular casual games.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Because I like Call of Duty, The Witcher, Far Cry, Tomb Raider, etc and I just don't see those types of games on the Wii U.

Very very few Wii U games appeal to me.

I have just about no interest in nintendo's game library except for a handful of games. That's pretty much the reason why I don't buy any nintendo console.