By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

Because they value Graphics and 3rd party games above everything else. The Wii U has the better library than the PS4 when it comes to games not AVAILABLE anywhere else (the BEST games on PS4 are either available on 2 or even 4 other consoles. Examples are TLOU,GTAV, COD, LBP3) Pretty much the same with X1.

Around the Network

I am personally only buying Playstation from now on for the breadth of content they offer. They have more 1st party exclusive than the other consoles, they have more 3rd party and Indie exclusives, and they have the best multiplats.

Beyond that, they offer a full range of live, and on demand music, movies, tv, and PPV.

The way I see Nintendo is it is no fifferent than if EA, Activision, or Take Two decided to make their own console. From this generation forward I will only be supporting the platform that offers the most content under a unified service.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Maybe bcause the WiiU offers 1 thing, Nintendo games. So unless you freaking love Nintendo games there is no point in buying one... and incase your wondering not everyone loves Nintendo games, regardless of how highly acclaimed they are.
PS4/XBO offers a diverse library of games from different developers and genres that leads to mass appeal... oh and lets not forget that in the end PS4 and XBO will have more critically acclaimed games then WiiU.

I just bought a WiiU this week and already completed mario 3d world and Bayonetta 2. As great as the games were, they were both short and now I have nothing to buy that I'm interested in until Starfox and monster hunter 4.

Mario U and Donkey Kong look interesting but they are both too much of the same and similar to their previous games, and unlike uncharted or gears they don't really push graphics or story.

I lied, I'm also looking forward to Devils Third. However, since I prefer the 3d mario games, I might go buy mario galaxy 1 and 2.

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Because they value Graphics and 3rd party games above everything else.

This post illustrates why only people without a Wii U should post/answer the question.

Around the Network
alternine said:
Paatar said:
alternine said:
Its called "prefrence". Some people dont like Nintendo games. The games they do want are on PS4 XBOX and PC. Its as simple as that.

I swear half the time it isn't preference. Most of the time, people who haven't bought a Nintendo console in a while, haven't played Mario and don't really remember how fun it is. (Same with other games like Pikmin and Mario Kart) THey feel it isn't "mainstream" and "cool" to own a Wii U even though it has the best library of games right now. I mean, if Smash, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Hyrule Warriors, ZombiU and if future releases like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, Splatoon and Star Fox U don't want people to want the Wii U, what will? (I know those WILL be system sellers)

My point is, even if all those games they love were on the Wii U, they still would not get it. So I wouldn't consider it preference because half the time they just haven't owned Nintendo in a long time and don't think it is "cool". (Whereas yes, sometimes it is preference)

Well first saying that the Wii U has the best line up is subjective. Second you have no way of knowing whether someone has bought a Nintendo console or not. But I do agree that they feel that Mario isnt mainstream or cool. 

It has the best exclusives and some of the best games currently on the market. I named a lot in my response above. I do know if someone has or hasn't bought a console due to the sales. We know PS4 is owned by 18m people and Wii U is only owned b y 8.8.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

riderz13371 said:
Because I like Call of Duty, The Witcher, Far Cry, Tomb Raider, etc and I just don't see those types of games on the Wii U.

Very very few Wii U games appeal to me.

And would you still get the PS4 or Xbox One if they were on the Wii U? That is something I would very much like to know. (Since those are multi plat third parties)

If all the third party games released on all the consoles, would you still get PS4 and say its games are better? Because you really can't beat Nintendo consoles when it comes to exclusives.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
riderz13371 said:
Because I like Call of Duty, The Witcher, Far Cry, Tomb Raider, etc and I just don't see those types of games on the Wii U.

Very very few Wii U games appeal to me.

And would you still get the PS4 or Xbox One if they were on the Wii U? That is something I would very much like to know. (Since those are multi plat third parties)

If all the third party games released on all the consoles, would you still get PS4 and say its games are better? Because you really can't beat Nintendo consoles when it comes to exclusives.

We are not talking about hypothetical situations, we are talking about the real situation where the Wii U doesn't have these games.

Roronaa_chan said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Because they value Graphics and 3rd party games above everything else.

This post illustrates why only people without a Wii U should post/answer the question.

Your point is flawed. What if they have a Wii U/PS3 (like me) or any other console combination?

And I didn't make that point as a negative attribute. If latest graphics and 3rd party games are your cup of tea, by all means buy either PS4 or X1. Buy whatever makes you happy.

The other consoles have much more games, are more powerful and WiiU's price is too high.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com