By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742
Goodnightmoon said:
BraLoD said:
Because both PS4 and XBO have way more variety than the Wii U, as it's just ignored by most developers
The question is, why would I want the most unpowered system, with the less games, from less genres?
I'm using PS to compare then, and there's just no comparision at all, PS is a way richier brand in this gaming market.
It have the most "becauses" to answer your question.
Because Uncharted, because Bloodborne, because Metal Gear Solid, because Disgaea...
Are you getting it? Because games I want are not in Nintendo (as a huge majority, but they do have some games I like).

Most people are just the same, have more reasons to get a PS4 (or a XBO) than a Wii U, and just go for it.

It's not hard to understand.

Because Xenoblade, Because Wind Waker, Because Star Fox, Because Bayonetta 2, Because Zelda U, Because Smash, Because Splatoon, Because Pikmin 3, Because MK8, Because Fire Emblem, Because F-Zero, Because Animal Crossing, Because Metroid............

Oh GREAT you qouted a bunch of games that he is NOT interested in, as a response to him quoting some games that he IS interested in, and that are not on the Wii U... that should disprove his argument! despite the fact that he said that most games on Nintendo didnt appeal to him...

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
It's quite obvious

The Wii U gets like 10 retail games a year...

Not only that but the main genre Nintendo has going for it is platformers. In a day & age where people want shooters & open world, they don't cut it

Prove it...

Paatar said:

I swear half the time it isn't preference. Most of the time, people who haven't bought a Nintendo console in a while, haven't played Mario and don't really remember how fun it is. (Same with other games like Pikmin and Mario Kart) THey feel it isn't "mainstream" and "cool" to own a Wii U even though it has the best library of games right now. I mean, if Smash, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Hyrule Warriors, ZombiU and if future releases like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, Splatoon and Star Fox U don't want people to want the Wii U, what will? (I know those WILL be system sellers)

My point is, even if all those games they love were on the Wii U, they still would not get it. So I wouldn't consider it preference because half the time they just haven't owned Nintendo in a long time and don't think it is "cool". (Whereas yes, sometimes it is preference)

That's just a meaningless and contrived rationalization.  Sure, some kids are going to ask for a new console based on the "cool" factor but the reason they think it's cool is because it has games that more people want to play, which means they want to play those games, too.  

The Wii U simply won't have many of the games that people really want to play and everyone knows it.  It's really as simple as that.

As far as Nintendo games being more fun, that's completely subjective.  Personally, my first two consoles were from Nintendo and I never liked Mario games in the slightest.  I owned three but did not complete a single one.  I did not care about the characters, did not care about the setting, did not care about the story, did not care about jumping over more stuff.  I'd get bored, drift away, and never go back.  It's kind of funny, looking back, that I'd rather beat Punch Out for the 500th time than restart a Mario game.  I don't give a rodent's fuzzy hindquarters what a game is rated; if it's not a game that I enjoy, I'm not going to play it.

Which is really the main problem with Nintendo consoles.  If you don't like Mario games, of if you're lukewarm about them, then they have very little appeal.  They're built on Mario and Mario-like games, with very little other materials in the foundation.  I mean, I don't like Uncharted but so what?  It's just one title and type of game among many that will appear on the PS4.  I don't like CoD or Madden, either, but so what?  There will be hundreds of other games to choose from.

That's the real difference.

estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:
BraLoD said:
Because both PS4 and XBO have way more variety than the Wii U, as it's just ignored by most developers
The question is, why would I want the most unpowered system, with the less games, from less genres?
I'm using PS to compare then, and there's just no comparision at all, PS is a way richier brand in this gaming market.
Because Uncharted, because Bloodborne, because Metal Gear Solid, because Disgaea...
Are you getting it? Because games I want are not in Nintendo (as a huge majority, but they do have some games I like).

Most people are just the same, have more reasons to get a PS4 (or a XBO) than a Wii U, and just go for it.

Because Xenoblade, Because Wind Waker, Because Star Fox, Because Bayonetta 2, Because Zelda U, Because Smash, Because Splatoon, Because Pikmin 3, Because MK8, Because Fire Emblem, Because F-Zero, Because Animal Crossing, Because Metroid............

Oh GREAT you qouted a bunch of games that he is NOT interested in, as a response to him quoting some games that he IS interested in, and that are not on the Wii U... that should disprove his argument! despite the fact that he said that most games on Nintendo didnt appeal to him...

Sorry but is hard for me to understand how he doesn´t give a f* about all the games i´ve quoted, so pretty damn hard.

This is just a restart of other threads, quite funny.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:
BraLoD said:

Sorry but is hard for me understand how he can give a f* about the games i´ve quoted, so pretty damn hard.

we all have different tastes in games i for once are not interested in any Nintendo game, the only games i like that are on the Wii U are not made by Nintendo but rather by third or second parties, (Xenoblade, Bayoneta and Wonderful 101).

Seeing some comments of some here,I'm wondering if 3DS is being bought from extraterrestials....!Seriously!:O

estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Sorry but is hard for me understand how he can give a f* about the games i´ve quoted, so pretty damn hard.

we all have different tastes in games i for once are not interested in any Nintendo game, the only games i like that are on the Wii U are not made by Nintendo but rather by third or second parties, (Xenoblade, Bayoneta and Wonderful 101).

We have different tastes, and different agendas, the ones you like are specifically the ones that aren´t from Nintendo, what a surprise , honestly saying that you want W101 over Zelda U or Splatoon, sounds more like Nintendo hate to me.

Mod edit: quote trees shortened.

--Veknoid_Outcast

There are too many of these threads...

If it had a better and less confusing name, better online connectivity, cross-buy of older titles, better hardware, a lower price, and most importantly, a better game library with 3rd party support, people would consider it as their main console. I think we all agree that this is not going to happen in this generation.

People would get a Wii U as a second console, IF it was cheaper. At $300, that's not going to happen. If it was $150 (or even $200), it would be a deal. At $300, it's hard to justify the value for just the exclusives...

Without proper support, the Wii U seems regulated to a specially system for specific titles. I'm getting a Wii U just for Xenoblade X. My PS4 is for an assortment of titles.