By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742
Paatar said:
alternine said:

Well first saying that the Wii U has the best line up is subjective. Second you have no way of knowing whether someone has bought a Nintendo console or not. But I do agree that they feel that Mario isnt mainstream or cool. 

It has the best exclusives and some of the best games currently on the market. I named a lot in my response above. I do know if someone has or hasn't bought a console due to the sales. We know PS4 is owned by 18m people and Wii U is only owned b y 8.8.

Nope you are wrong.

Anyway, i didn't buy the WiiU because Smash and Zelda are not enough to get me to buy it.

Around the Network
Paatar said:

And would you still get the PS4 or Xbox One if they were on the Wii U? That is something I would very much like to know. (Since those are multi plat third parties)

If all the third party games released on all the consoles, would you still get PS4 and say its games are better? Because you really can't beat Nintendo consoles when it comes to exclusives.

Sure you can. Say Im somebody who does like platformers or strategy games but my fave genres are 1st and 3rd person shooters. Why would I ever choose a WiiU over PS4 or XBO?? Even if all 3rd party games were on all 3.
Some people simply dont like what Nintendo make and so for them Sony or MS may indeed have a better 1st party lineup then Nintendo.

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

Your point is flawed. What if they have a Wii U/PS3 (like me) or any other console combination?

And I didn't make that point as a negative attribute. If latest graphics and 3rd party games are your cup of tea, by all means buy either PS4 or X1. Buy whatever makes you happy.

But they aren't. Hence why I said what I said. You have the wrong perspective, as will most Wii U owners.

BraLoD said:
Because both PS4 and XBO have way more variety than the Wii U, as it's just ignored by most developers
The question is, why would I want the most unpowered system, with the less games, from less genres?
I'm using PS to compare then, and there's just no comparision at all, PS is a way richier brand in this gaming market.
It have the most "becauses" to answer your question.
Because Uncharted, because Bloodborne, because Metal Gear Solid, because Disgaea...
Are you getting it? Because games I want are not in Nintendo (as a huge majority, but they do have some games I like).

Most people are just the same, have more reasons to get a PS4 (or a XBO) than a Wii U, and just go for it.

It's not hard to understand.

Because Xenoblade, Because Wind Waker, Because Star Fox, Because Bayonetta 2, Because Zelda U, Because Smash, Because Splatoon, Because Pikmin 3, Because MK8, Because Fire Emblem, Because F-Zero, Because Animal Crossing, Because Metroid............

In less than two months with bloodborne PS4's library's gonna be so fucking awesome...

Around the Network

i for once stopped caring about mario and pokemon when i grew up, and i have never been interested in any other Nintendo IP, the only one may be zelda and even that is stretching it out a lot, because the only zelda game that looked appealing to me was twilight princess.

to be honest all the games that really appeal to me on Nintendo are made by third or second parties: Xenoblade, Bayonetta and Wonderful 101.

i need more than just 3 games to buy a console, i need to be sure that the console maker will provide me games that i will like for the next 5 or 6 years, and as of now the Wii U is the first Nintendo console to have games that appeal to me but sadly i dont know if this trend will continue, because as of now 3 games isnt enough to buy a console.

Because Nintendo doesn't have enough exclusives that interest me to be the first console of choice and once I finish playing those exclusives i'll have a nice brick i'm rarely going to use and a tablet controller. I'm planning to buy one down the road but in the end I prefer Sony exclusives+3rd party over only Nintendo exclusives or Microsoft exclusives+3rd party. I plan to have all consoles eventually though but got what I prefer first.

Roronaa_chan said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

Your point is flawed. What if they have a Wii U/PS3 (like me) or any other console combination?

And I didn't make that point as a negative attribute. If latest graphics and 3rd party games are your cup of tea, by all means buy either PS4 or X1. Buy whatever makes you happy.

But they aren't. Hence why I said what I said. You have the wrong perspective, as will most Wii U owners.

So elighten me why? You invalid me but don't state any reasons why. Let me know since I have a PS3 where 85% of the PS4 games come out for it anyway. And no I could care less by how better the game looks  on the PS4.

Goodnightmoon said:
BraLoD said:
Because both PS4 and XBO have way more variety than the Wii U, as it's just ignored by most developers
The question is, why would I want the most unpowered system, with the less games, from less genres?
I'm using PS to compare then, and there's just no comparision at all, PS is a way richier brand in this gaming market.
It have the most "becauses" to answer your question.
Because Uncharted, because Bloodborne, because Metal Gear Solid, because Disgaea...
Are you getting it? Because games I want are not in Nintendo (as a huge majority, but they do have some games I like).

Most people are just the same, have more reasons to get a PS4 (or a XBO) than a Wii U, and just go for it.

It's not hard to understand.

Because Xenoblade, Because Wind Waker, Because Star Fox, Because Bayonetta 2, Because Zelda U, Because Smash, Because Splatoon, Because Pikmin 3, Because MK8, Because Fire Emblem, Because F-Zero, Because Animal Crossing, Because Metroid............

Because The Order, because God of War, because Persona 5, because Ratchet and Clank, because Until Dawn, because Driveclub, because Infamous, because The Last of Us, because fucking Naughty Dog, because Kingdom Hearts 3, because Final Fantasy XV, because Batman: Arkham Knight, because Dying Light, because Silent Hills, because The Witcher 3.