By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742
tak13 said:

It isn't subjective it's a common assumption!You're  a sony fan right?Look what the president of your favorite company says!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a539712/super-mario-3d-world-is-really-good-says-sony-executive.html#~p121BrnJ8ruD1t(He owns two wii u) http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/sonys_shuhei_yoshida_says_nintendo_provides_balance_in_an_industry_obsessed_with_military_shooters

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/12/19/sony-president-shuhei-yoshida-drops-more-love-for-the-wii-u/

P.s you don't like mario,okay!But there are better ways to express it!Don't you think...?

Just because the president of Sony says it doesn't make it objective. His opinion is just as subjective as anyone else's.

Around the Network
ICStats said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Today I present a very fundamental question to my fellow charterz.

Why is it that people are buying the PS4 (18.5 mil) and Xbone (10 mil) in droves while the Wii U is left behind in the dust (8.81 mil) despite being out in the market for twice the amount of time? If you ask the Nintendo fans around here (and even many critics), they will tell you that the Wii U has some of the highest rated games amongst all consoles. So what gives?

Do these people not know about the Mario's latest expedition in 3D world, or even his 2D adventures? Do they not want to partake in the festivities of kicking the s**t out of your opponent in the next installment of Smash? Don't they want to experience the 8th variant of Nintendo's premier Kart racing? What's stopping them from trying out the niche outings such as Boyanetta 2 and Wonderful 101? They even have the tried and tested Zelda franchise to look forward to in 2015, with a little bit of Kirby thrown in the mix for good measures. And who doesn't love the look of Splatoon?

Yet why do people insist on buying the PS4/Xbone and not the Wii U? What is going on here? What kind Nintendo do to bring these people over from the other camps?

Well, I have both, but the reason I think people are not buying Wii U is because it doesn't have the 3rd party games that are big in the market.

1 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PS4 2014 Shooter Activision 2.04 2.30 0.10 1.36 5.80
2 FIFA 15 PS4 2014 Sports Electronic Arts 0.53 3.29 0.03 1.80 5.65
3 Grand Theft Auto V PS4 2014 Action Take-Two Interactive 1.74 2.25 0.11 1.31 5.41
4 Destiny PS4 2014 Action Activision 1.95 1.53 0.13 0.94 4.55
5 Watch Dogs PS4 2014 Action Ubisoft 1.21 1.48 0.10 0.87 3.66
6 Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 2013 Shooter Activision 1.49 1.17 0.04 0.26 2.97
7 Assassin's Creed: Unity PS4 2014 Action Ubisoft 0.71 1.35 0.06 0.77 2.89
8 The Last of Us PS4 2014 Adventure Sony Computer Entertainment 1.12 1.02 0.06 0.61 2.80
9 FIFA Soccer 14 PS4 2013 Sports Electronic Arts 0.54 1.76 0.10 0.29 2.69
10 Far Cry 4 PS4 2014 Shooter Ubisoft 0.62 1.28 0.00 0.73 2.63
11 Battlefield 4 PS4 2013 Shooter Electronic Arts 1.10 1.08 0.12 0.22 2.52
12 inFAMOUS: Second Son PS4 2014 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 0.96 0.71 0.06 0.44 2.17
13 Killzone: Shadow Fall PS4 2013 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 0.80 1.08 0.07 0.21 2.16
14 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PS4 2013 Action Ubisoft 0.90 1.00 0.05 0.20 2.15
15 Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor PS4 2014 Action Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment 0.67 0.81 0.01 0.47 1.97

12 out of top 15 selling games on PS4 are 3rd party titles that are not on Wii U, or in WD case was badly delayed.  The rest are rounded by PS4 exclusives.

Nintendo doesn't have the biggest games people play now, so it's the equivalent of a gaming dinosaur.

Very polite...Well done!What's your opinion about 3DS?

alternine said:
Goodnightmoon said:
estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:
estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:
BraLoD said:
Because both PS4 and XBO have way more variety than the Wii U, as it's just ignored by most developers
The question is, why would I want the most unpowered system, with the less games, from less genres?
I'm using PS to compare then, and there's just no comparision at all, PS is a way richier brand in this gaming market.
It have the most "becauses" to answer your question.
Because Uncharted, because Bloodborne, because Metal Gear Solid, because Disgaea...
Are you getting it? Because games I want are not in Nintendo (as a huge majority, but they do have some games I like).

Most people are just the same, have more reasons to get a PS4 (or a XBO) than a Wii U, and just go for it.

It's not hard to understand.

Because Xenoblade, Because Wind Waker, Because Star Fox, Because Bayonetta 2, Because Zelda U, Because Smash, Because Splatoon, Because Pikmin 3, Because MK8, Because Fire Emblem, Because F-Zero, Because Animal Crossing, Because Metroid............

Oh GREAT you qouted a bunch of games that he is NOT interested in, as a response to him quoting some games that he IS interested in, and that are not on the Wii U... that should disprove his argument! despite the fact that he said that most games on Nintendo didnt appeal to him...

Sorry but is hard for me understand how he can give a f* about the games i´ve quoted, so pretty damn hard.

we all have different tastes in games i for once are not interested in any Nintendo game, the only games i like that are on the Wii U are not made by Nintendo but rather by third or second parties, (Xenoblade, Bayoneta and Wonderful 101).

We have different tastes, and different agendas, the ones you like are specifically the ones that aren´t from Nintendo, what a surprise , honestly saying that you want W101 over Zelda U or Splatoon, sounds more like Nintendo hate to me.

So its Nintendo hate because he PREFERS wonderful 101 over Zelda and Splatoon? Look if you want to debate over the games thats fine but saying stuff like that kills your credibility.

He cassualy don´t like any of the Nintendo great games on WiiU... cassualy, but hey, Wonderfull 101 wich is behind the quality of almost every Nintendo game this year, yeah that´s cool, is from Platinum, i´m sure if it was from Nintendo he wouldn´t give a F*. As he don´t give a f* about the new Zelda, that looks in every way as a masterpiece that everyone that loves games like Xenoblade should play, or Splatoon, also a new IP with colorful crazy look and lots of action like W101, or Pikmin 3, wich has a very similar concept but is just so much better in every way than W101 (but is from NINTENDO, so MEH!!) Yeah, sounds a little bit Nintendo hate for me.

tak13 said:
 said:

That's just a meaningless and contrived rationalization.  Sure, some kids are going to ask for a new console based on the "cool" factor but the reason they think it's cool is because it has games that more people want to play, which means they want to play those games, too.  

The Wii U simply won't have many of the games that people really want to play and everyone knows it.  It's really as simple as that.

As far as Nintendo games being more fun, that's completely subjective.  Personally, my first two consoles were from Nintendo and I never liked Mario games in the slightest.  I owned three but did not complete a single one.  I did not care about the characters, did not care about the setting, did not care about the story, did not care about jumping over more stuff.  I'd get bored, drift away, and never go back.  It's kind of funny, looking back, that I'd rather beat Punch Out for the 500th time than restart a Mario game.  I don't give a rodent's fuzzy hindquarters what a game is rated; if it's not a game that I enjoy, I'm not going to play it.

Which is really the main problem with Nintendo consoles.  If you don't like Mario games, of if you're lukewarm about them, then they have very little appeal.  They're built on Mario and Mario-like games, with very little other materials in the foundation.  I mean, I don't like Uncharted but so what?  It's just one title and type of game among many that will appear on the PS4.  I don't like CoD or Madden, either, but so what?  There will be hundreds of other games to choose from.

That's the real difference.

It isn't subjective it's a common assumption!You're  a sony fan right?Look what the president of your favorite company says!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a539712/super-mario-3d-world-is-really-good-says-sony-executive.html#~p121BrnJ8ruD1t(He owns two wii u) http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/sonys_shuhei_yoshida_says_nintendo_provides_balance_in_an_industry_obsessed_with_military_shooters

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/12/19/sony-president-shuhei-yoshida-drops-more-love-for-the-wii-u/

P.s you don't like mario,okay!But there are better ways to express it!Don't you think...?

You're showing me someone else's opinion to prove that it's not subjective?  That makes no sense.  And why would Yoshida's taste in gaming influence my own?  I don't understand your point.  What people consider fun will always, always be subjective.

They are either happy with Ps3/360 extensive library or want a more powerful future proof system where its exclusives don't require nostalgia factor to enjoy.

Or peharps is the outrageous bad gamepad or not containing an Hard drive.

Around the Network
tak13 said:
ICStats said:

Nintendo doesn't have the biggest games people play now, so it's the equivalent of a gaming dinosaur.

Very polite...Well done!What's your opinion about 3DS?

I don't play handhelds now, but 3DS is the only handheld that's still relevant ofcourse.

It remains to be seen how dedicated handhelds market develops in the next gen.

My 8th gen collection

I know all of the big games out for it, and the only game that I have any interest in is super smash bros, and I'm not buying a console for one game.

very simple, apart for being satisfied with playstation brand since ps2, I always look for a console that have both, first and third parties so there is only 2 options as my primary console. The only way I can consider buying a Wii u is as a seondary option. Having said this. There are only a few exclusives that I could be interested if I had a Wii u which are Zelda, mario kart 8, donkey kong and xenoblade. Its hard to justify a console for a few games. Neve tried bayo, already have my hack and slas fix with GOW and devil may cry. not intersted in 2d mario since mario 3 and mario world look superior plus I dont have that nostalgia anymore. never understood the appeal behind smash and yes I have try their predecesor. As you can see only 4 games interest me so its hard to spend 300 for a few games.

BraLoD said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Roronaa_chan said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

Your point is flawed. What if they have a Wii U/PS3 (like me) or any other console combination?

And I didn't make that point as a negative attribute. If latest graphics and 3rd party games are your cup of tea, by all means buy either PS4 or X1. Buy whatever makes you happy.

But they aren't. Hence why I said what I said. You have the wrong perspective, as will most Wii U owners.

So elighten me why? You invalid me but don't state any reasons why. Let me know since I have a PS3 where 85% of the PS4 games come out for it anyway. And no I could care less by how better the game looks  on the PS4.

Can't you see you are using Wii U PLUS another system (in this case the PS3, another Sony system) and making your base as fault as it could?

We don't compare 2vs.1, we compare 1vs.1

Because the games are in the PS3 (just for now, as PS4 is obviously getting the focus already), they are invalid on PS4?

People buy PS4 to play any game available on it, and most of this games ARE NOT in the Wii U, the end.

The fact some arealso in the PS3, 360, PS4, PC, doesn't take the games away from the PS4. And people will buy it on PS4 to play it on the PS4 they bought.

It's not that I play 2 systems to equal 1. As a matter of fact the games that the PS3 and PS4 share I have no interest in ( besides TLOU and MSG5) GTA V I have no interest in a CoD is dead to me now.

What I am simply pointing out is that FOR ME (and if you feel different from me FINE!) the PS4 AS OF RIGHT NOW doesn't have that game that makes me run to the store, skip everyone in line and make me want to buy one. TBH neither did the Wii U (Hence why I bought it a full year after it came out). Now whether the PS4 in the future will have a better gaming line up than the Wii U is up for debate, but AS OF RIGHT NOW I feel the line up on the Wii U is better than either PS4 or X1. Makes sense too, since it's been out longer.

Me personally because I'd have liked most of nintendo's games 15 years ago. Ps4 just offers me a much better mature experience and between ps3 and ps4 they have over 100 games in really like that in either can't get on ninty systems or they got a weaker version of it. Other major reason is online. Much better experience on non ninty systems and none of my friends have it so I would be playing the few good online ninty games with strangers