By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

Do I have to rattle off a list of multiplats that aren't on the Wii-U, or can I just say 'Third Party?' Should be pretty obvious, considering many believe the PS4 sold like crazy in 2014 primarily on the strength of 3rd party titles.

Around the Network

People has the right to have different taste if i don't like Nintendo exclusive why would a buy a wii u

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

tak13 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
It's quite obvious

The Wii U gets like 10 retail games a year...

Not only that but the main genre Nintendo has going for it is platformers. In a day & age where people want shooters & open world, they don't cut it

Prove it...

Well, it's simple. Sony & Microsoft don't make nearly as many Platformers as Nintendo. Nintendo has always relied on them much more than the other two. They have 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Donkey Kong, and Sonic already as exclusives. Kirby & Yoshi will join soon too. 

Both PS4 & XBone have the other genres under wrap thanks to 1st party & 3rd party together. Doesn't matter if Nintendo has the best fighter out there when the other systems will have 4+ fighters by the end of next year. Quantity matters to people. Choice matters to people. Variety matters to people.

estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:
estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:
estebxx said:
Goodnightmoon said:
BraLoD said:
Because both PS4 and XBO have way more variety than the Wii U, as it's just ignored by most developers
The question is, why would I want the most unpowered system, with the less games, from less genres?
I'm using PS to compare then, and there's just no comparision at all, PS is a way richier brand in this gaming market.
It have the most "becauses" to answer your question.
Because Uncharted, because Bloodborne, because Metal Gear Solid, because Disgaea...
Are you getting it? Because games I want are not in Nintendo (as a huge majority, but they do have some games I like).

Most people are just the same, have more reasons to get a PS4 (or a XBO) than a Wii U, and just go for it.

It's not hard to understand.

Because Xenoblade, Because Wind Waker, Because Star Fox, Because Bayonetta 2, Because Zelda U, Because Smash, Because Splatoon, Because Pikmin 3, Because MK8, Because Fire Emblem, Because F-Zero, Because Animal Crossing, Because Metroid............

Oh GREAT you qouted a bunch of games that he is NOT interested in, as a response to him quoting some games that he IS interested in, and that are not on the Wii U... that should disprove his argument! despite the fact that he said that most games on Nintendo didnt appeal to him...

Sorry but is hard for me understand how he can give a f* about the games i´ve quoted, so pretty damn hard.

we all have different tastes in games i for once are not interested in any Nintendo game, the only games i like that are on the Wii U are not made by Nintendo but rather by third or second parties, (Xenoblade, Bayoneta and Wonderful 101).

We have different tastes, and different agendas, the ones you like are specifically the ones that aren´t from Nintendo, what a surprise , honestly saying that you want W101 over Zelda U or Splatoon, sounds more like Nintendo hate to me.

WHAT? are you for real? so i CANT have tastes of my own? LOL go on dude youre bias is so big and hard its blinding you! i cant belive you think i hate Nintendo because im not interested in its games...

you must be really young or naive to adopt such an attitude just becuse i dont like Nintendo games...

and yes im a hater... despite the fact that i have NEVER downplayed the Wii U or any nintendo console or nintendo games...

I don´t mean to call you hater, nothing personal really,  but you have prejudices if you say so IMO

Skullwaker said:
It's a reverse philosophy of "Too much 'pew pew', not enough new new."

This literally never makes sense when talking about Nintendo, they've been rehashing the same genres with the same IPs for 3 decades now.

And if by chance they do decide to make a new IP the budget for those new IPs seems to be less than a lot of Indie games. There may be resons to buy a Nintendo console, buy "to try new games" is not one of them.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:

twice the amount of time

If you ask the Nintendo fans around here (and even many critics)

the problem: simple

the solution: simple

that being said just because something is simple, doesn't mean its easy.

look at holidays 2012, 2013, and 2014

2012: most people, even gamers, didn't even know about the Wii U

2013: ps4 and xb1 captured mindshare immedeatly when they released, by the holidays even less concern was had for the Wii U and the 1-2 games that can be consired system sellers where easily snuffed out

2014: ps4 and xb1 start to hit strides, while Wii U is stagnating

essentially, Nintendo dropped the ball big time, losing in a battle of popularity against last gen until the rest of next gen came aboard, and by then it was simply automatic

people aren't buying it because they haven't been given a reason too, the problem harbors every console new and old, but the Wii U has it in spades because it couldn't even hold its own against last gen

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BraLoD said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
BraLoD said:

Can't you see you are using Wii U PLUS another system (in this case the PS3, another Sony system) and making your base as fault as it could?

We don't compare 2vs.1, we compare 1vs.1

Because the games are in the PS3 (just for now, as PS4 is obviously getting the focus already), they are invalid on PS4?

People buy PS4 to play any game available on it, and most of this games ARE NOT in the Wii U, the end.

The fact some arealso in the PS3, 360, PS4, PC, doesn't take the games away from the PS4. And people will buy it on PS4 to play it on the PS4 they bought.

It's not that I play 2 systems to equal 1. As a matter of fact the games that the PS3 and PS4 share I have no interest in ( besides TLOU and MSG5) GTA V I have no interest in a CoD is dead to me now.

What I am simply pointing out is that FOR ME (and if you feel different from me FINE!) the PS4 AS OF RIGHT NOW doesn't have that game that makes me run to the store, skip everyone in line and make me want to buy one. TBH neither did the Wii U (Hence why I bought it a full year after it came out). Now whether the PS4 in the future will have a better gaming line up than the Wii U is up for debate, but AS OF RIGHT NOW I feel the line up on the Wii U is better than either PS4 or X1. Makes sense too, since it's been out longer.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying other system also having some of their games doesn't make it a reason to PS4/XBO to be not attractive compared with the Wii U as you said as you have a PS3 it doesn't matter.

You seem to understand it, it's about the games people want to play, one will buy the system with the games he wants to play, that's it.

And the fact both the PS4 and the XBO have more games helps a lot to more people to want them over a Wii U.

BTW, is this your cat in your avatar? Cats are the best, and I think we can agree on this point! xD

Yup I definitely understand that's what it's about. Hell, even I will be getting a PS4 in 2016 (Street Fighter V is that game I am talking about) So I will be joinning the darkside soon enough .

Yep that's my cat at my mom's house for a visit. He's my furry living teddy bear...

TheObserver said:
Skullwaker said:
It's a reverse philosophy of "Too much 'pew pew', not enough new new."

This literally never makes sense when talking about Nintendo, they've been rehashing the same genres with the same IPs for 3 decades now.

And if by chance they do decide to make a new IP the budget for those new IPs seems to be less than a lot of Indie games. There may be resons to buy a Nintendo console, buy "to try new games" is not one of them.

I was being half-facetious. 

Let's get this straight though: Everyone rehashes. Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, and especially third parties at this point, have all done it. It's how many of them get easy profit. 

In the last three decades, Nintendo has created/supported many, many new IPs in addition to their established franchises at the time of their creation. These include, but are not limited to: Animal Crossing (2001), Brain Age (2005), Custom Robo (1999), Fire Emblem (1990), Golden Sun (2001), Pikmin (2001), Pilotwings (1990), Sin & Punishment (2000), Advance Wars (2001), the Wii series (2006), Xenoblade (2010), The Last Story (2011), Pandora's Tower (2011), Pushmo (2011), The Wonderful 101 (2013), Splatoon (2015), Devil's Third (2015), Eternal Darkness (2002), and many more.

So please don't say that Nintendo does not try to offer new games, because they do, just like Microsoft and Sony. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Because many people want to play games other than Nintendo titles. The WII U has some but majority of them are found in the PS4 and Xbox One. Not to mention graphics that only the Ps4 and Xbox One are capable of handling. You can argue about that but developers can only prove to you otherwise.

It's really simple to grasp ...

Both the PS4 and the XB1 have the better library compared to the WII U ...

The software sales for both of the current gen HD twins supports my assertion.

People play games, NOT reviews ...