By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As PS4 sells out German retailer makes drastic cuts to Xbox One; introduces cheapest ever bundle

DJEVOLVE said:
rvn10 said:
I live in Germany and nobody of my friends got a xbox1. they all got a ps4 or ps3 (maybe vita) but nobody cares about a x1.

I live in USA and 1 out of 15 friends own a ps4, None of us care about PS4, the one owning the PS4 bought the XBox One due to no games. 

Nice try, but with PS4 outselling XB1 in USA your anecdote doesn't represent much.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

German's don't really care about consoles they are all about PC's and piracy.

DJEVOLVE said:
thedawghousev2 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
rvn10 said:
I live in Germany and nobody of my friends got a xbox1. they all got a ps4 or ps3 (maybe vita) but nobody cares about a x1.

Well that's nice but 360 sold just as much with out Germany, So really Xbox has to only gain some market share in Europe and push up sales in US/UK.

I live in USA and 1 out of 15 friends own a ps4, None of us care about PS4, the one owning the PS4 bought the XBox One due to no games. 

I love these threads, All anecdotal evidence. We all see the numbers on the front page. Do you want me to do a weekly update on what my local Bestbuy, Gamestop manager thinks? No I Wouldn't think so.

I think these thread are basically to stealth troll.

the thing about this is the xbox one is losing in the united kingdom, and the united states.

Yes but with still amazing sales. It needed to shake it's horrible launch.  They almost caught PS4 in USA. that is a massive turn around from one year ago.  MS with Phil in Charge is going Come back very strong, Sony will outsell them World wide but as massive games that drive people to the system launch, so will it's sales. Halo 5 is going to sell gangbusters, I also bet they will have a nice price cut ready. I'm thinking they will launch a slim this year, Cut price to $350, maybe even $299 for the holidays.

That is not true.  Xbox had a really good launch in the usa. After the initial sales it did terribly for 10 months of last year.  So bad they needed a firesale at Xmas to shift their stock. If they dont return to the insane deals soon the same fate likely awaits them in 2015. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
OttoniBastos said:
Predictable! I fucking call it! X360 with all the advantages it had(price point,1 year alone,better image) lost for PS3 even in the darkest days of "PS3 has no gaemz".Xbox brand is irrelevant outside USA/UK.MS knows that and that's why they didn't bother doing the same holiday deals over there.

inb4 defense shield quote

numbers don't lie! just look at it!

Xbox is the Genesis and PS is the SNES. Sega and the Genesis brand actually beat Nintendo in the US. Most people don't even know that. The Xbox 360 beat Wii and PS3 in the US as well, but lost world wide.

Personally, I find it interesting that one console can be so popular (Genesis/Xbox) in one country and so unpopular everywhere else.

Well, unlike the Genesis, the XBO doesn't seem to be poised to win in the US.  As soon as the XBO went back up to $399, the PS4 has been outselling it on every site's online Bestsellers list.  Actually, Amazon is the only place the XBO is cheaper than $399 (the price has been jumping around a lot, from ~$369-$389, and is currently $384), yet the PS4 is a full 19 spots ahead of it for the past hour, and the XBO seems to be continuing its drop in the charts.  Basically, the only way the XBO is possibly going to win the US or UK, is if it is $50/£35 cheaper than the PS4 AND has a game or three thrown in.  And MS is just not prepared to throw that much money at it, just for it to win by a few million in those two terroritories.

Chris Hu said:
German's don't really care about consoles they are all about PC's and piracy.

Hmm, according to sales numbers, they seem to care quite a bit about the PS4.  Almost as much as the UK does.

Still its much more a PC market then anything else and it been that way ever since the early 80s I'm pretty sure the C64 sold more in Germany then it did anywhere else in Europe.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
Kerotan said:
Yea Germans know a quality product when they see it. Not surprisingly it's selling out still.

So you're saying xbox is not a quality product?

Xbox One is just as worthy of a product.

Are you questioning the German's ability to differentiate between good and bad quality?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DJEVOLVE said:
rvn10 said:

Well that's nice but 360 sold just as much with out Germany, So really Xbox has to only gain some market share in Europe and push up sales in US/UK.

I love these threads, All anecdotal evidence. We all see the numbers on the front page. Do you want me to do a weekly update on what my local Bestbuy, Gamestop manager thinks? No I Wouldn't think so.

I think these thread are basically to stealth troll.

The ps4 is still ahead of xbone in the states. The only reasons it sold better in the states during the holidays is because of bundles and price cuts. With the xbone going back up to $400, it will fall behind the ps4 in weekly sales again. I sincerely hope that you and your friends enjoy your xbone.

All you have to do is look at the PC sofware numbers in Germany compared to the UK to see that the PC is much more popular in Germany then in the UK on top of that Germans love to pirate stuff more then any other western European country that also goes back to the early 80s and the C64.

Kerotan said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Yes but with still amazing sales. It needed to shake it's horrible launch.  They almost caught PS4 in USA. that is a massive turn around from one year ago.  MS with Phil in Charge is going Come back very strong, Sony will outsell them World wide but as massive games that drive people to the system launch, so will it's sales. Halo 5 is going to sell gangbusters, I also bet they will have a nice price cut ready. I'm thinking they will launch a slim this year, Cut price to $350, maybe even $299 for the holidays.

That is not true.  Xbox had a really good launch in the usa. After the initial sales it did terribly for 10 months of last year.  So bad they needed a firesale at Xmas to shift their stock. If they dont return to the insane deals soon the same fate likely awaits them in 2015. 

That seems to be the big mistake of some on here.  They look at the total sales, not the trends.  When you look at the monthly sales for this last year aligned with the 360's corresponding months, the XBO was starting to fall behind by quite a bit.  Which is not great at all considering that the 360 had a slow start.  If this trend continues, the XBO is going to fall greatly behind the 360 in 2016, as the corresponding year for the 360 (2008) is when it really started to take off.

Of course, I can see it also coming up short for this year, too, seeing as many who were going to buy it when it was $349 already jumped at the chance before it rose back up to $399.  This means that when they permenantly drop it to $349, the bump won't be nearly as nice as it would have been.  AND this time Sony will answer with a cut of their own, which will also take some of the wind out of their sales (.)

I guess I should have mentioned Xbox in the title when I posted this hours beforehand