By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As PS4 sells out German retailer makes drastic cuts to Xbox One; introduces cheapest ever bundle

bunchanumbers said:
If Sony is smart they would raise the price of PS4 in Germany. People are already buying them no matter what the price so they should bump up the profit margin there. Same with every other place where its near impossible to keep in stock. Fans are demanding it so Sony should be raising the price there.

It's no national shortage of PS4s in Germany. You can order it today at Amazon or many other online retailers and they guarantee you to deliver it in the next 2 - 3 days.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:

If that bearded bloke is meant to attract buyers, German retailers are strange. If it actually works, every German is strange.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Conina said:
bunchanumbers said:
If Sony is smart they would raise the price of PS4 in Germany. People are already buying them no matter what the price so they should bump up the profit margin there. Same with every other place where its near impossible to keep in stock. Fans are demanding it so Sony should be raising the price there.

It's no national shortage of PS4s in Germany. You can order it today at Amazon or many other online retailers and they guarantee you to deliver it in the next 2 - 3 days.

So why is OP making it sound like people are fighting each other in the street for the right to stand in line to buy a PS4 in a store? He made it sound like it was a national emergency. I probably shouldn't have bought into his hype lol

DJEVOLVE said:

Well that's nice but 360 sold just as much with out Germany, So really Xbox has to only gain some market share in Europe and push up sales in US/UK.

I live in USA and 1 out of 15 friends own a ps4, None of us care about PS4, the one owning the PS4 bought the XBox One due to no games. 

I love these threads, All anecdotal evidence. We all see the numbers on the front page. Do you want me to do a weekly update on what my local Bestbuy, Gamestop manager thinks? No I Wouldn't think so.

I think these thread are basically to stealth troll.

words cannot begin to describe the failure in this post, so i will just use a gif.

You know what's funny? €333,- is $395,-. Finally we Europeans are paying the American price. Price cut my ass, the $1=€1=0,9 pound is a horrible thing, but yeah that's another subject.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network
JoeAncelotti said:
You know what's funny? €333,- is $395,-. Finally we Europeans are paying the American price. Price cut my ass, the $1=€1=0,9 pound is a horrible thing, but yeah that's another subject.

The €333 include 19% taxes, so it's €280 without taxes. €280 = $331

I'm sorry but what went on there

a) DJEVOLVE called the OP stealth troll
b) Said the PS4 has no games
c) brought his own anedoctal evidence even though that's the reason he said a)

And that Lord guy is the one getting banned?

Isnt the ps4 selling better in uk.aswell.so really only microsoft is strong usa.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Ninsect said:

If that bearded bloke is meant to attract buyers, German retailers are strange. If it actually works, every German is strange.   

Media Markt and Saturn are BIG retailers targetting the hardcore casuals.

if you know what you are doing you avoid these shops where you can, because you know the prices are too high and the employees have next to NO knowkledge about what they are selling.

also, tech-nick is such an awful marketing person. dumb pun-name, beard for hipsterhype and so on. yeah, it's so annoying that it's working. but these shops have established a marketing strategy where it isn't relevant if the marketing is good or bad. in fact, they make their advertising even dumber since like 10 years or so. tv spots they are producing have this as their central element: reaaaally reaally dumb advertising that make no sense at all. with slogans like "i aint stupid".

just take a quick look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5hRmUv4Ww

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Chris Hu said:
German's don't really care about consoles they are all about PC's and piracy.

Yeah that's why PS4 has already sold over a million units in Germany already and its software sales at retail is dominating.