By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As PS4 sells out German retailer makes drastic cuts to Xbox One; introduces cheapest ever bundle

slab_of_bacon said:
Chris Hu said:
slab_of_bacon said:
As a 360 owner, a barrier preventing me from wanting an Xbox One were the hardware failures I had to endure from Microsoft's previous console (the 360); it's a trust thing. Another barrier, but to a lesser degree, was the milking of the Forza franchise along with Bungie leaving Halo in Microsoft's hands. Plus, they weren't doing what they did when they entered the console market and build a more powerful console. If I had to chose between the Xbox One and the Playstation 4 I would go with Sony.

Perhaps these factors are changing other peoples' minds as well.

The Forza franchise isn't being milked its always has been on a two year development cycle.  Forza Horzion is a totally different game.  Also before PGR got canned it also was on a two year development cycle.  The only way that Forza and Horizon will go to a longer development cycle is if MS brings back PGR if that happens I could see each franchise going to a three year development cycle.

I use the term "milking" in the sense that it is on any kind of development cycle and that they sell a lot of DLC.  I didn't find the changes they made from game to game worthy of a new release so many times and would not want to have to purchase more content to get cars I already had on a previous version.  This is just my opinion and not, by any means, a statistical representation of what the Forza fanbase wants.  It is a successful business model and makes many people very happy, however it is not for me.  Again, I stress that my first statement, I am simply referring to my own sentiments and not trying to make any general claims.  I apologize for using the term "factors" but that is how viewed them.  Please don't allow my personal thoughts on the Forza franchise to, in any way, prevent you from enjoying, what I consider to be a great racing game.  

It still is a pretty good racing game I don't have a problem with the DLC either there a are a lot of other games that have more DLC.  Also Forza 5 actually had less DLC then Forza 4 and the car pass was actually a good value since it included two bonus packs and the three track car packs the only thing that is pretty overpriced is the VIP car pack which should be $9.99 instead of $19.99.  Aslo a lot of the DLC cars where also DLC cars in Forza 4 so the only people that had a legit reson to gripe about some of the DLC cars are the people that bought all the DLC for 4 and since I only bought some of the DLC for 4 I was pretty happy with the DLC for 5 since most of the cars where new to me.  That being said 5 was definetly a skipable title since I expect all or almost all the content from 5 including the DLC to show up in 6.

Around the Network

I actually skipped all uneven Forzas. Ok, i borrowed 3 from a friend, but i wouldn't have bought it.

The rest of slab of bacons post is an issue here though. Not so much Halo, but a lot of other things.

Going all Kinect instead of coregames cost MS reputation within the core audience. And most Kinect casuals either have left totally or are still staying with 360.
Resolutiongate and the GPU debate where and still are another issue.
The higher price tag because of Kinect at least was one. I know people that bought a PS4 because they just didn't want to spend 100€ extra on a stupid casual toy.
Kinect as well used to much hardware power, widening the gap between PS4 and One from the start.

Then there was all that TV, TV, TV no one over here really was interested in and everyone knew would be at best mediocre in Europe. And there was always online and DRM no one wanted.

All put together cost MS the reputation they built up with the 360.

Sony on the other hand could play the nice guy with the not so restricted, consumerfriendly, cheaper console. And that with already being much stronger and having a much better reputation.

And i really think that Microsoft not only fucked up in Germany but continental europe as a whole.

Conina said:
Turkish said:
Conina said:
Turkish said:

Please do not give your opinion if you do not know what you are talking about. Consoles>>>>>PC in Germany as well

PC is still the strongest platform in germany. The amount of sold games on consoles only reaches the PC numbers if you put ALL separate consoles (PS3, Xbox360, Wii, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U) together:

The revenue on console software is more than double of the PC game revenue (higher prices for console games)... but again: six platforms vs. one

Eh no one was discussing which is the biggest platform in Germany, the topic was whether Germany cared about consoles at all, which I proved they do but whatever.

Yeah, right.

Yeah no one was if you actually followed the comments you replied to. Your post was unnecessary. Relax, no one was attacking your platform.

captain carot said:
I actually skipped all uneven Forzas. Ok, i borrowed 3 from a friend, but i wouldn't have bought it.

The rest of slab of bacons post is an issue here though. Not so much Halo, but a lot of other things.

Going all Kinect instead of coregames cost MS reputation within the core audience. And most Kinect casuals either have left totally or are still staying with 360.
Resolutiongate and the GPU debate where and still are another issue.
The higher price tag because of Kinect at least was one. I know people that bought a PS4 because they just didn't want to spend 100€ extra on a stupid casual toy.
Kinect as well used to much hardware power, widening the gap between PS4 and One from the start.

Then there was all that TV, TV, TV no one over here really was interested in and everyone knew would be at best mediocre in Europe. And there was always online and DRM no one wanted.

All put together cost MS the reputation they built up with the 360.

Sony on the other hand could play the nice guy with the not so restricted, consumerfriendly, cheaper console. And that with already being much stronger and having a much better reputation.

And i really think that Microsoft not only fucked up in Germany but continental europe as a whole.

Bought all the Forza's exept for the first one the only ones I bought new are 3, 5 and Horzion 1 and 2.  The only one I bought at launch and at full retail price was Horzion 2.  As far as value for the money goes Forza 3 was actually a very good deal since I bought the Ultimate Edition for $19.99 and that one came with almost all the DLC except for the VIP car pack and the last car pack.  Also its still the only Forza game with a NYC track and the long version of Rally di Positano which is a lot better then the short layout which is in Forza 4.

Personally I'd think Hacksaw Jim Duggan would sell more consoles in America. Just saying!. Hooooooo

Around the Network

Germany and Japan seem to hate MS. The result is very very poor sales there. I'm not surprised.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

KingJowy said:
Personally I'd think Hacksaw Jim Duggan would sell more consoles in America. Just saying!. Hooooooo

LOL that guy does look like Hacksaw Jim Duggan U-S-A, U-S-A.