By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As PS4 sells out German retailer makes drastic cuts to Xbox One; introduces cheapest ever bundle

bigjon said:
We Americand are suckers for anything with an X in front of it.

Is that why Xbox consumers are leading in XXX consumption?

(That's a quip by the way)

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
episteme said:
KLXVER said:
So the WiiU is selling well there then...?

No, only a little better than the X1.

Why dont they discount the WiiU then...?

They did last Spring... 199 € for the WiiU Premium (32GB) with Zelda Wind Waker included at many "Expert"-retailers.

i think i will still go for the PS4, its just more powerfull :P

small44 said:
They should increase the price of ps4 like in Canada
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
small44 said:
They should increase the price of ps4 like in Canada

I agree! Why should only Canadians have to pay a premium! Infact, Canadians should get a discount if anything

(I know its cause of the CAD)

because your currency loses value thanks to low oil price

KLXVER said:
episteme said:
KLXVER said:
So the WiiU is selling well there then...?

No, only a little better than the X1.

Why dont they discount the WiiU then...?

the wii u doesnt get so much space... 

If Sony is smart they would raise the price of PS4 in Germany. People are already buying them no matter what the price so they should bump up the profit margin there. Same with every other place where its near impossible to keep in stock. Fans are demanding it so Sony should be raising the price there.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
If Sony is smart they would raise the price of PS4 in Germany. People are already buying them no matter what the price so they should bump up the profit margin there. Same with every other place where its near impossible to keep in stock. Fans are demanding it so Sony should be raising the price there.

we are strong pc gamers we dont buy a specific consoles no matter what, we buy ps4 no matter what to the xbox. if MS doesnt make online free or discount to every game that runs on lower resolution i dont see a point not spending a bit more to get a ps4.

Microsoft is out of console industri for good, if sales go german ways globally!

I have some German friends that play FFXIV, and they do indeed own a PS4. All my friends in NY owns PS4, and one of them has an xbone. I think in the US, NY is Sony state. lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
bunchanumbers said:

germans are realy price sensitive, you cant rise your prices so easy or people will just stop buying your stuff.

if they raise the price more people will buy gaming Pcs.  and the price cut for the xbone will not help so much, they have to cut it to wii u prices to be a good alternative for the ps4. 

thismeintiel said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
OttoniBastos said:
Predictable! I fucking call it! X360 with all the advantages it had(price point,1 year alone,better image) lost for PS3 even in the darkest days of "PS3 has no gaemz".Xbox brand is irrelevant outside USA/UK.MS knows that and that's why they didn't bother doing the same holiday deals over there.

inb4 defense shield quote

numbers don't lie! just look at it!

Xbox is the Genesis and PS is the SNES. Sega and the Genesis brand actually beat Nintendo in the US. Most people don't even know that. The Xbox 360 beat Wii and PS3 in the US as well, but lost world wide.

Personally, I find it interesting that one console can be so popular (Genesis/Xbox) in one country and so unpopular everywhere else.

Well, unlike the Genesis, the XBO doesn't seem to be poised to win in the US.  As soon as the XBO went back up to $399, the PS4 has been outselling it on every site's online Bestsellers list.  Actually, Amazon is the only place the XBO is cheaper than $399 (the price has been jumping around a lot, from ~$369-$389, and is currently $384), yet the PS4 is a full 19 spots ahead of it for the past hour, and the XBO seems to be continuing its drop in the charts.  Basically, the only way the XBO is possibly going to win the US or UK, is if it is $50/£35 cheaper than the PS4 AND has a game or three thrown in.  And MS is just not prepared to throw that much money at it, just for it to win by a few million in those two terroritories.

I don't know. It's probably best to wait for actual sales figures are released. Bestsellers lists have been wrong before and plus, those are online retailers. Most people buy consoles in stores.