By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Worldwide Software Flop

CosmicSex said:
This is why I made the argument that Beyo 2 wasn't a flop. When the game sells more than a much more hyped exclusive on a platform with a bugger base... you gotta keep things relative and proportional.

Ubi won't relative. They might start to believe X1 owner don't like Mature broken games ;)

Around the Network

Well, the attach rate tells another story all together :).

lol, silliest interpretation of flop I have ever read on here...

eva01beserk said:
Barozi said:

No, your example would mean that X1 owners buy more software than PS4 owners. (attach rate 0.5 vs. 0.3)

The attach ratio is the same, that means every X1 owner owns as much games as a PS4 owner.
So IF 50% of X1 owners buy Dragon Age and only 30% of PS4 owners do the same (your example) then there have to be games where the PS4 version sells to 70% of its userbase and the X1 version to 50% of its userbase.
-> attach ratio = 1.0 for both
-> everyone is busy playing either the one or the other game
-> same chances for any company to release a game
-> one market is just as saturated as the other

Did I ever say the attach ratio was not the same?  The example was not saying that they sell the same amount. They sell almost the same on the most popular games like call of duty and destiny, meaning that other games tend to sell a lot less because the atach rate is the same, cuz for one game to sell great, to even it out the others tend to sell a lot less.  There is no denying that xbox fans tend to favour a ganre. And if thats the case, whe a big game they like will come on a month, other devs will most likely avoid that month for the x1 or avoid the x1 copletlly if they know they wont buy it. 

and other devs try to avoid releasing their racing games in the month Gran Turismo releases on PS.
What's the point you tried to make and what does that have to do with the thread title or OP?

It undoubtable that the PS4 has become the new multiplatform machine. A lot of multiplatform games outsell the Xbox One version by more than 2:1. Several games are reaching 2 mil where the XO version is noway near 1 mil.

However, you can not just dismiss the fact that there are twice as many PS4 out there than Xbox Ones.

Bundles (such as Sunset Overdrive) will have very little effect on the xbox one because MS ships always ships them with digital downloads so are non trackable.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
It undoubtable that the PS4 has become the new multiplatform machine. A lot of multiplatform games outsell the Xbox One version by more than 2:1. Several games are reaching 2 mil where the XO version is noway near 1 mil.

However, you can not just dismiss the fact that there are twice as many PS4 out there than Xbox Ones.

Bundles (such as Sunset Overdrive) will have very little effect on the xbox one because MS ships always ships them with digital downloads so are non trackable.

In summary, x1 is and probably will keep being an healthy enviroment to games that most games will release on.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm just gonna go with the ps4 has better 1st party games and better versions of 3rd party games.

Barozi said:
eva01beserk said:
Barozi said:

No, your example would mean that X1 owners buy more software than PS4 owners. (attach rate 0.5 vs. 0.3)

The attach ratio is the same, that means every X1 owner owns as much games as a PS4 owner.
So IF 50% of X1 owners buy Dragon Age and only 30% of PS4 owners do the same (your example) then there have to be games where the PS4 version sells to 70% of its userbase and the X1 version to 50% of its userbase.
-> attach ratio = 1.0 for both
-> everyone is busy playing either the one or the other game
-> same chances for any company to release a game
-> one market is just as saturated as the other

Did I ever say the attach ratio was not the same?  The example was not saying that they sell the same amount. They sell almost the same on the most popular games like call of duty and destiny, meaning that other games tend to sell a lot less because the atach rate is the same, cuz for one game to sell great, to even it out the others tend to sell a lot less.  There is no denying that xbox fans tend to favour a ganre. And if thats the case, whe a big game they like will come on a month, other devs will most likely avoid that month for the x1 or avoid the x1 copletlly if they know they wont buy it. 

and other devs try to avoid releasing their racing games in the month Gran Turismo releases on PS.
What's the point you tried to make and what does that have to do with the thread title or OP?

Now your being purpously stuburn. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Ka-pi96 said:
Jranation said:
And im surprised TitanFall is no where to be found =(
( at 73 in USA =( )

It's not a surprise. The digital version was on sale over the holiday period. It was a REALLY good sale as well, so anyone that wanted it likely got that instead of buying a physical copy.

OH!!!! Thats explains it!!!

I guess games which released earlier last year, didnt do so well near chirstmas? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Bad Legs ≠ Flop