By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Worldwide Software Flop

The software numbers for the week ending 20th December recently came out and there is only one X1 game in the top 10, and it’s number 10.

The game that does appear (COD:AW) is not an Exclusive (albeit there aren’t an PS4 exclusives in the top 10 either) it’s just a bit surprising seeing as Xbox did have a better holiday line up of exclusives, I for one really hope that SO comes to PC and SO2 comes to PS4 (both probably would happen)

There’s only so long you can blame install base for, Wii U has the lowest of them all and appears higher. 3DS has the highest of them all yet PS4 appears more despite having a third of the install base. It’s just surprising that after Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Halo: The Masterchief Collection, none of them are in the top 10 in the biggest week of the year.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

In terms of total software sold for the week, the X1 is sitting at 3.5 million and the PS4 5.7m. That's a similar ratio to their install bases (X1 + 60%~ = PS4 for both).

Flop? I don't think so it seems they all performed well.

Proud to be a Californian.

certainly not. Just because there are less games appearing at the top doesn't mean that the sales are worse.

attach ratio (games per console)
PS4: 4.45 (official numbers, including digital sales 4.42)
X1: 4.31
WiiU: 4.73 (at the same time last year 3.58)

miniscule difference between X1 and PS4 (which both launched at nearly the same time) and almost 1 game more than WiiU at the same time last year.

Barozi said:
certainly not. Just because there are less games appearing at the top doesn't mean that the sales are worse.

miniscule difference between X1 and PS4 (which both launched at nearly the same time) and almost 1 game more than WiiU at the same time last year.

Although it is more difficult for a larger install base to have a higher attach ratio as usually the console that sells the most has a broad appeal to casuals who'll only by a couple of games. Hence why Vita's attach rate is so god damn high including digital.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Relative to its install base, sales are pretty good. Of course with the smaller install base than PS4, that means less software.

About the exclusives, one of them was pretty niche (Sunset Overdrive) and the other is one of the biggest launch fuck-ups in recent memory (Halo MCC).

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Barozi said:

Although it is more difficult for a larger install base to have a higher attach ratio as usually the console that sells the most has a broad appeal to casuals who'll only by a couple of games. Hence why Vita's attach rate is so god damn high including digital.

Casuals don't really buy consoles within the first year though.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Barozi said:

Casuals don't really buy consoles within the first year though.

well that just isint true.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

well MS sold 24% less consoles but 40% less software than the PS4, the December 20th numbers say.
I think a lot of people who bought the xbox because of its lower price cant afford as much games like MS excepted.

People play games on a TV/Netflix box? That's actually pretty amazing for a non-dedicated gaming console.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence