By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ant Man is going to bomb at the Box office ( Looks like total trash!)

silentdj151 said:

Ant-Man movie is being made because of the marvel universe and current story they are trying to tell for avengers series...I am sure they could have skipped a standalone movie for him and just introduced him in one of the avengers movie, but with the success of guardians I think they can try anything

Well, it doesn't sound like they are going to involve ant man in the ultron storyline (ant man does come out after avengers 2) so I don't think that is the reason.  I would certainly rather have ant man involved, ultrons origin in the comics is pretty cool.  I think in the movie universe he is going to be product of iron man though instead of ant man...

Around the Network

I cant keep up with you Spurge.

I want to see wich thread you are going to make if the movie turns out to be good, like all marvel movies of recent memory.

Even if it sucks, I'm sure it will still do well. Sounds like a terrible idea though. Having said that, most movies made these days are garbage anyways.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ant-Man as a character is almost destined to be treated poorly. Which is a shame because Hank Pym is easily one of the most tragic and sympathetic characters in the Marvel Universe. Wife beating and Ultron aside, I still think he deserves more from his movie offering. YES, I know this film starts Scott Lang but Hank is the original Ant-Man and thus deserves Ant-Man to be represented as well as possible.

Pixel Art can be fun.

spurgeonryan said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInh3VhAWs8

Why did ioi take away video function again?

To answer your question, he didn't. YouTube took away legacy embed code support.

You can still help yourself by using this site: http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/files/YouTube_code.htm (just uncheck the YT link thingy)

Then paste the code into the HTML pop up window (click the HTML icon below "Paragraph")

Around the Network
dukerx2 said:
I was really disappointed they rushed into the Avengers movies without him. Also much more excited for this, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange movies than a new Iron Man or Thor movie. Ant Man deserves a movie way before the damn Hulk gets another.

Hulk isn't getting another! And Iron Man isn't getting another either!

Marvel is doing a surprisingly good job at branching out. I know Capn and Thor are getting 3rd films, but that's somewhat only fair/sensible given their success

"...brought in a mid tier comedian..."

Excuuuuuuse me!?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Ant man is one of the least interesting comic book characters in the marvel universe. Characters like Venom would of been better and he's more well known. Could do a saga of him fighting Carnage and some other villains but not have spider man in any of it.

Looks no different to any other marvel movie to me. Last time I was impressed with a Marvel movie was Iron man. Before, that X2 and before that Blade.

I do like the concept though and Michael Douglas is brilliant. Marvel / Wright seem to have taken a bit of a risk with the casting which is commendable. 

I'm not going to assume too much, because GoTG looked lame as hell to me at first and ended up being one of my favorite movies in years.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D