By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ant Man is going to bomb at the Box office ( Looks like total trash!)

Ant-Man is one of the most influential characters in the Marvel Universe. Just sayin'!

Around the Network
estebxx said:
i cant belive there is such a thing as Marvel fans VS DC fans arguing about their superhero movies on the comment section... and i thought console fanboys were already bad enough...

It's like a clan or tribe... We have motherboard fanboys, we have cpu fanboys, we have smartphone fanboys & even TV fanboys etc etc WAR.

QUAKECore89 said:
estebxx said:
i cant belive there is such a thing as Marvel fans VS DC fans arguing about their superhero movies on the comment section... and i thought console fanboys were already bad enough...

It's like a clan or tribe... We have motherboard fanboys, we have cpu fanboys, we have smartphone fanboys & even TV fanboys etc etc WAR.

and here i was thinking fanboys were almost exclusive to console wars... this is eye opening for me

It's going to depend on where they go with it. This will probably shock a lot of casual movie fans but Hank Pym (the original Ant-Man) was an extremely important figure in early Avenger's history, as well as a founding member. He's also gone by the names Giant-Man, Yellowjacket (my favorite), and Goliath. He's the reason the Wasp exists.

Oh, and he's the one who built Ultron.

It would appear, however, that while Hank Pym is in the film, the Ant-Man character will be the second person to wear the suit from the comics.

estebxx said:

and here i was thinking fanboys were almost exclusive to console wars... this is eye opening for me

Any time you have different/competing options you have "fanboys"

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
estebxx said:

Any time you have different/competing options you have "fanboys"

Wright said:

Ant-Man is one of the most influential characters in the Marvel Universe. Just sayin'!

It's not Hank, it's Scott Lang.

On topic, is that a trailer? Not going to watch that. I presume not many of you know much about the Ant-man saga (aka getting this shit made) it's been years of production issues but it won't be a $100million film. It'll be $25mil. It'll be more quirky and funny.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Wright said:

It's not Hank, it's Scott Lang.

Certainly, though I was referring to the superhero in itself. It's like talking about Flash; most people tend to ignore Jay Garrick and go right toward Barry Allen, but when talking about Flash himself, you'd be mentioning the four Flashes.

spurgeonryan said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInh3VhAWs8

Why did ioi take away video function again?

Anyways, they brought in a mid tier comedian to hopefully save a movie that has no chance of being saved. Kurt Douglas Jr. wanted to be in a Comic book movie before he dies, so he is on board and then you have a bunch of other little known actors plays characters that hardly anyone knows.

The trailer does not show any wow moments or scenes, which tells me there may only be one or two in the movie if that. The dialogue is garbage and is part of yet another origin story that I do not care to see go any farther than that. Flying an Ant in Urban America! What the F*ck is that Sh*T!

I hope this movie bombs, but will probably see it at the Discount Dollar Cinema with my kids. Beyond that......let it die!

Its funny, because they said the same thing about guardians of the galaxy and we knew how that turned out. 

"Anyways, they brought in a mid tier comedian to hopefully save a movie that has no chance of being saved"

Chris Pratt was probably considered a low teir comedian as well but he did pretty well. I think the trailer didnt want to show too much and i hope this is the case.

d21lewis said:
He's an asshole wife beater that can shrink and later grow super sized. 

Geez, hold the guy down for one mistake, huh? The people in the Marvel fandom forgive murderers but not Hank.

Hmm, pie.