By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ant Man is going to bomb at the Box office ( Looks like total trash!)

Wright said:

Certainly, though I was referring to the superhero in itself. It's like talking about Flash; most people tend to ignore Jay Garrick and go right toward Barry Allen, but when talking about Flash himself, you'd be mentioning the four Flashes.

Point well made, same goes for Green Lantern I guess. Although Wally West gets a good shout a lot of the time in Flash terms.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
I don't think there is enough of a look there in the one trailer for me to give an informed opinion on this one. Though, until Marvel actually puts out a movie I don't enjoy, I will continue to blindly go on opening night and check out their offerings.

Wow you've liked all the marvel movies? I thought the first captain america was horrible. The second was great though easily one of the best marvel movies so far. I honestly couldn't believe they were doing an Antman movie when it was announced. That character seems so boring. What they need to do is another Hulk movie. People loved him in the Avengers they need do something like that. Wolverine vs The hulk I think would do really really well.  They could also do planet hulk which I think would be even better. Just start the movie off by saying that this is years and years into the future. That way people don't get cofused seeing him in future avenger movies.

method114 said:

Wow you've liked all the marvel movies? I thought the first captain america was horrible. The second was great though easily one of the best marvel movies so far. I honestly couldn't believe they were doing an Antman movie when it was announced. That character seems so boring. What they need to do is another Hulk movie. People loved him in the Avengers they need do something like that. Wolverine vs The hulk I think would do really really well.  They could also do planet hulk which I think would be even better. Just start the movie off by saying that this is years and years into the future. That way people don't get cofused seeing him in future avenger movies.

The only one I have been lukewarm on was Thor 2.  Otherwise, I enjoyed them all.  Not equally, but I certainly haven't felt like I wasted money seeing them.

The name Ant-Man isn't very promising, but I'm confident that the movie won't be garbage.

Neodegenerate said:
method114 said:

The only one I have been lukewarm on was Thor 2.  Otherwise, I enjoyed them all.  Not equally, but I certainly haven't felt like I wasted money seeing them.

I actually liked Thor 2 thought the first one was ok at best. I would have definetly felt like I wasted my money if I went to go see Captain America 1. That's the only one I thought was truly bad the rest were at least watchable. 

Around the Network

1 trailer which the OP doesn't like. So the film is going to bomb?

Guardians of the Galaxy is just a plain stupid idea. Amazing film. Amazing success

When thinking back on the Marvel films (having seen every since one since Iron Man), about half of them haven't been great. Thor, Capn 1, Iron Man 2, Hulk and there are probably a couple more that others don't like (I was a bigger fan of Capn 1 than most). But they've all made money. I would be very surprised if this wasn't nicely profitable

The Fury said:

On topic, is that a trailer? Not going to watch that. I presume not many of you know much about the Ant-man saga (aka getting this shit made) it's been years of production issues but it won't be a $100million film. It'll be $25mil. It'll be more quirky and funny.

I'd be amazed if they did pull this off at $25mil, even $50mil seems low these days.  if so, then this film has almost no chance of being a financial bomb for Marvel and Disney.

Ant-Man movie is being made because of the marvel universe and current story they are trying to tell for avengers series...I am sure they could have skipped a standalone movie for him and just introduced him in one of the avengers movie, but with the success of guardians I think they can try anything

I was really disappointed they rushed into the Avengers movies without him. Also much more excited for this, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange movies than a new Iron Man or Thor movie. Ant Man deserves a movie way before the damn Hulk gets another.

It is a marvel movie so I am pretty sure it is going to be awesome! Also, while the powers of ant man are pretty dumb, the characters have always been very compelling. It should be a great movie, don't count it out yet!