By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst says X1 will equal PS4 in 2015 and have same userbase longterm

Globally in the USA perhaps? Seriously, if anyone thinks the global gap will close over the course of the generation is smoking something a bit brain addling.

Best case is the global gap grows more slowly than in 2014, but it will continue to grow.

I think MS will give $399 2 months max to see what happens, and when the predictable happens, PS4 outsells it by a decent margin, there will be a permanent price cut to $349. Honestly I'm surprised it actually did go back to $399 on 3 January.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Someone needs to explain to these analysts that in order to itself something, worldwide sales musty be larger. You can't say XB1 outsold PS4 just because it sold more in one territory. PS4 has been dethroned ONCE since release as the top selling console worldwide, and that's only because Nintendo was looking in New 3DS sales with others (which is cheating, considering it will have New 3DS exclusives and could be considered a new console altogether).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The term "analyst" gets used too freely.

Also, he has to mean the US because I have to believe he isn't that stupid, but I may be wrong.

PS4 hasn't even received an official price drop yet. X1 was going for 450$ when Titanfall released, then they dropped Kinect in May to 399$, then in Nov a 2 Month tempory cut in US to 349$.

Sony are playing this pitch perfect when they cut to 299$ this Aug/Sept.

Around the Network

I should be an analyst. Easy money by the sounds of it

Hiku said:
an ever-larger group of gamers "is" upgrading from Xbox 360. I don't think that Xbox One penetration will pull out far ahead of PS4,

I think he means "are" upgrading.
And he said "penetration" followed by "pull out". Confirmed troll is confirmed.

He may have done a lousy analysis on thePS4/ Xbone sales front , but when he says" penetration (followed by) pull out" he was spot on about my sex life .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:
BraLoD said:
So as soon as Patcher stop being Patcher we get a new one?

The world needed balance!

Seems like it to me.
Our world needs a Patcher figure to keep in the tracks

we need someone to praise the one, it can't all be ps4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TheFallen said:
PS4 hasn't even received an official price drop yet. X1 was going for 450$ when Titanfall released, then they dropped Kinect in May to 399$, then in Nov a 2 Month tempory cut in US to 349$.

Sony are playing this pitch perfect when they cut to 299$ this Aug/Sept.

I think they will wait until 2 weeks after the Xbox One's holiday price cut.  With big promotions to steal the Xbox One's holiday thunder.  That way the last thing people remember is the PS4 price drop is newer.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

this is so appropriate

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers