By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst says X1 will equal PS4 in 2015 and have same userbase longterm

Billy Pidgeon should quit his job as an analyst and just mow grass for a living. 

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
So where do I sign up to become an "independent" analyst? Doesn't look like it takes too much skill to be one.

Horrible to think that there are investors out there that listen to what people like this tell them.

Also, great tweet btw:

I'm getting some good laughs out of this pidgeon. :D

Wright said:

Obviously, because the PS players are from the hardcore crowd. When some of them feel the need of having a secondary console, they'll obviously go for the X1 instead of the WiiU; thus setting in motion what johnlucas was saying about being victor while being the secondary console of the players.

Honestly if I was gonna do the whole secondary route, I would get a wii u for the more mature rpgs that are on there versus the xbone. 

Edited to fix something.

Aeolus451 said:

Honestly if I was gonna do the whole secondary route, I would get a wii u for the more group rpgs that are on there versus the xbone. 

Guess you're not hardcore enough!

Aeolus451 said:
Wright said:

Obviously, because the PS players are from the hardcore crowd. When some of them feel the need of having a secondary console, they'll obviously go for the X1 instead of the WiiU; thus setting in motion what johnlucas was saying about being victor while being the secondary console of the players.

Honestly if I was gonna do the whole secondary route, I would get a wii u for the more group rpgs that are on there versus the xbone. 

I'll get a WiiU as secondary, but more for Nintendo SW mainly platformers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Wright said:
Aeolus451 said:

Guess you're not hardcore enough!

haha. I guess not. 

Dark_Feanor said:
Blood_Tears said:
I guess this "analyst" doesn't realize that X360 owners will also only upgrade to PS4 as well as a lot of them already have.

Why would they?

Can they play Halo and Gears on the PS4 now?

Why would they want to play only Halo and Gears after seeing MS drop the ball for exclusives during the later years in the 360 era?  The Industry and gamers around the world see time and time again how Sony supports their home consoles each generation. Just like the PS2 era where some PS fans moved to 360 last gen, a lot are moving back to PS this gen. You can cover your eyes all you want, 2008 is over..

I bet the guy is trying to be Pachter but he should be a comedian Lol , LOLOL

I....I really don't know what to say...

Globally in the US I presume?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850