By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii U has peaked.

Barozi said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Mr.Playstation said:

I think it's going to decrease from 220K to 100 somethingK to Sub 100k.

Last year done 340k + 230 k + 120k on the last 3 weeks. I think is going to be a little bit higher.

well you're going to be much closer than Mr.Playstation, but I still think you overestimating it a little.

This week was 221k for WiiU. In the same week last year it did 265k, so it's actually down.
Reason being the massive drop in Japan. 74k in 2013, only ~28k in 2014.

The following week was 342k WW in 2013 with Japan at 115k. We already know the Japanese sales for the same week in 2014. It's ~37k.

Therefore it's surely going to be under 300k, in fact closer to 250k.

Yeah, the japan drop, is true U_u but is getting a little bit stronger on Europe and NA I still thinking is going to reach 300k on 20th or 27th week.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Puppyroach said:
And still it is the best 8th gen console out there, so why does the sales matter?

Did u forget that ur on a website dedicated to tracking video game sales?

They matter in a quantative discussion, but "peaking" can mean so much more :).

It could peak next year if Nintendo plays their cards the right way. A 100$ pricecut with a Zelda bundle, a new Super Mario 3D game, Starfox and a slew of other first party titles could secure a 4 million+ year. But they have to have a rock solid lineup and a lower price.

If they manage to throw in a substantial redesign, it could actually push even higher numbers IMO. But for that to happen, we need to see some massive changes in Nintendo strategy :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Puppyroach said:
zorg1000 said:
Puppyroach said:
And still it is the best 8th gen console out there, so why does the sales matter?

Did u forget that ur on a website dedicated to tracking video game sales?

They matter in a quantative discussion, but "peaking" can mean so much more :).

It is in the sales discussion though. So by peaking I am referring to sales.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Who cares, it has the games i want to play, and Nintendo are catering for the fanbase. They will carry on making money and regroup for next gen.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
We're not allowed to discuss WiiU's performance around these parts, you become an automatic hater. Oh expect a Vita topic to be made not so long from now.

Sorry am i missing something? Wii U`s performance discussion has been a daily occurrence since early 2013.

Mr.Playstation said:

I think it's going to decrease from 220K to 100 somethingK to Sub 100k.

That means you expect 3.3 million and not 3.1 as you said before. Obviously 3.1M is too low, 3.3 might be relistic, the figures you gave here might come true. Also 3.5 is possible. The 3.7M that the other poster said seem too high on the other hand. So the reality probably will be somewhere in the middle of your two predictions.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

bubblegamer said:
We're not allowed to discuss WiiU's performance around these parts, you become an automatic hater. Oh expect a Vita topic to be made not so long from now.

Boring, we all already know it peaked in it's first year.

To be fair, without MK8 and the free game promotion it probably would be the same for WiiU.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mr.Playstation said:

Here is why:

1. Even with exclusives such as Mario Kart 8 and Super smash Bros it will just barely overtake the amount of consoles sold in 2013.

2. The only upcoming main exclusives are Star Fox U and Zelda U. Star Fox U while a fan favourite doesn't sell that many units and therefore won't sell consoles and finally Zelda U is already getting mixed reactions from fans and the Cartoon styled Zelda's don't sell as well usually.

I am sorry, but this is how good it gets.

Mr playstation predicting doom for nintendo. What's new? Nothing it seems.

Seems like I'm a bit late to arrive here but this thread will be locked.

My reasons are below:

1. You are making a statement and not really opening the thread up for discussion. This thread OP would serve better as a post in another thread on a similar topic. Why not ask the question "Do you think WiiU has peaked?" instead of making a definite statement which may or may not be true.
2. We have quite a bit of WiiU specific sales threads popping up regularly. Here are two fairly recent ones where your OP could have fitted in as a post just fine: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=195272&page=1#40, http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187154&page=1#
3. In addition to the above WiiU specific sales threads we also have multiple general sales and prediction threads where this post would have been appropriate.

Guys if you want to discuss a topic like this, which has already been done either directly or indirectly, then please find a unique perspective, create a thread OP that is encouraging of discussion and not just making a broad and fairly baseless negative statement and put a decent amount of effort into your OP. Perhaps add some graphs, analyze historic trends etc.

Just yesterday i locked a similar thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=195708&page=1#

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|