By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii U has peaked.

PLease dont put ''nintendo doom'' posts on a nintendo forum, i mean, i know you can do whatever you want, but thats just mean and unrespectful. Its obvious you like playstation way more then the competitors, but pls you can stop now, its ok!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Dr.Vita said:
You are right, but the most Nintendo gamers like the Wii U.
Sales mean nothing! ;)

Well, a answer as you would expect from Dr. Vita. Let's band together brothers in doom, WiiU-fans and Vita-fans unite against the oppression of PS4 and 3DS!

That is the right adjustment! :)

To be fair , the wii and 3ds did peak in their 2nd year. So, I call it probable.

97alexk said:

PLease dont put ''nintendo doom'' posts on a nintendo forum, i mean, i know you can do whatever you want, but thats just mean and unrespectful. Its obvious you like playstation way more then the competitors, but pls you can stop now, its ok!

This is not a Nintendo doom post. This thread could have easily been on the Ps4 which is a popular console and me giving reasons why it has peaked.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I agree, though I can see it selling better in 2015 IF it sees a price cut of ~$100, which I don't think is likely at all.
$50 isn't enough IMO.

EDIT: this thread belongs into the sales discussion section.

Around the Network

Your sig, your username, your threads... All about you screams Playstation! You really like Playstation don't you?

Anyway I agree with your logic.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Dr.Vita said:
Mnementh said:
Dr.Vita said:
You are right, but the most Nintendo gamers like the Wii U.
Sales mean nothing! ;)

Well, a answer as you would expect from Dr. Vita. Let's band together brothers in doom, WiiU-fans and Vita-fans unite against the oppression of PS4 and 3DS!

That is the right adjustment! :)

Hehe, you mean "attitude"

Well, I think they can cut the price next year by $50 without losing money (or only a little bit).

And Star Fox won't even be among the 3 best-selling Wii U titles next year.

Anfebious said:
Your sig, your username, your threads... All about you screams Playstation! You really like Playstation don't you?

Anyway I agree with your logic.

A couple of months ago, I posted a thread why people should support the WII U. Yes, I do like playstation but if a company does something better ( Free online on the wii U ) I will support it.

Mr.Playstation said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Stop please, everybody knows that you are very glad to see it falling despite the great games. Anyways is not its peak year, you´ll see. And this bulling is just boring.

No, I do not like to see it fail, but based on the facts at hand this is its peak year.

"Based on the facts" Yeah the facts says that early this year everyone thoughts Wii U was a shit, and now lots of people are changing its mind, it has so much better reputation now, the facts also says that the console is growing (2013: 3.1m - 2014: Probably 3.7m), and says that Mk8 and the price cut made a 400% boost, Smash doesn´t has that boost because the 3DS version, but next year we can see boosts on Splatoon or Xenoblade, and definitly we´ll see a big boost when Zelda is released, i know many Nintendo fans that says the same "I´ll get a WiiU when Zelda is released", and another boost with the price cut (if is not coming with Zelda making a very huge boost), facts are saying that 2015 seems a great year in games for WiiU, but there´s nothing clear about One and Ps4, not really so many NEW great games are coming, and seems like half of them are going to be just big hypes again(The order 1886... ). And of course you are not thinking about the surprises Nintendo can be announcing on 2015, like an Animal Crossing with big amiibo and online possibilities or even a pokemon amiibo. So the facts says a lot of things and you just take the ones that says that WiiU is Doomed

I stopped reading when you said 2013: 3.1m, 2014: 3.7m. It's actually 2013: 3.1m, 2014: 3.2 m at best. Currently it's at 2.9m.

What?  It´s almost at 3m by 13th December, it has 3 more weeks before the end of 2014, we have seen 220k on the 13th Dec. week and is not going to have less than 300k on the next week, so it´s already up of 3.2m, you are not being realistic because you clearly want to see it falling. It just need to have a little bit more than 200k per week this 3 lasts weeks to reach 3.6 m

Goodnightmoon said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Stop please, everybody knows that you are very glad to see it falling despite the great games. Anyways is not its peak year, you´ll see. And this bulling is just boring.

No, I do not like to see it fail, but based on the facts at hand this is its peak year.

"Based on the facts" Yeah the facts says that early this year everyone thoughts Wii U was a shit, and now lots of people are changing its mind, it has so much better reputation now, the facts also says that the console is growing (2013: 3.1m - 2014: Probably 3.7m), and says that Mk8 and the price cut made a 400% boost, Smash doesn´t has that boost because the 3DS version, but next year we can see boosts on Splatoon or Xenoblade, and definitly we´ll see a big boost when Zelda is released, i know many Nintendo fans that says the same "I´ll get a WiiU when Zelda is released", and another boost with the price cut (if is not coming with Zelda making a very huge boost), facts are saying that 2015 seems a great year in games for WiiU, but there´s nothing clear about One and Ps4, not really so many NEW great games are coming, and seems like half of them are going to be just big hypes again(The order 1886... ). And of course you are not thinking about the surprises Nintendo can be announcing on 2015, like an Animal Crossing with big amiibo and online possibilities or even a pokemon amiibo. So the facts says a lot of things and you just take the ones that says that WiiU is Doomed

I stopped reading when you said 2013: 3.1m, 2014: 3.7m. It's actually 2013: 3.1m, 2014: 3.2 m at best. Currently it's at 2.9m.

What?  It´s almost at 3m by 13th December, it has 3 more weeks before the end of 2014, we have seen 220k on the 13th Dec. week and is not going to have less than 300k on the next week, so it´s already up of 3.2m, you are not being realistic because you clearly want to see it falling. It just need to have 200k per week this 3 lasts weeks to reach 3.6 m

This year's  global sales from Vg chartz: 

WiiU 2,918,695 (-6%) 7,996,957

P.S: As December goes on sales decrease not increase.