By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo turned the Wii U around

Did they turn it around? Japan is down YOY pretty considerably, USA was up by a bit in late Spring/early Summer but Sept-Nov were pretty much flat according to NPD.

I love the console but to say it has turned things around is a bit of a stretch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

How I turned the WiiU around

And then as you can see I unplugged because I barely touch the thing =P

Yes this is a joke, just having some fun is all. No need to go all fanboy on me please.

at least you bought one :P

1doesnotsimply

Really shame that Wii U lost AAA third party support. I'm really disappointed on publishers, look those number of upcoming remastered games. Devil May Cry 4, Dark Souls 2, Ultra Street Fighters 4 etc etc etc on PS4/Xbox one, come on.... xD

If we are comparing Wii U 2014 to Wii U 2013, then yes i think Nintendo has turned things around a little. They have sold more software this year, will make profit, got more high quality exclusives and created a successful venture into the NFC toyline.

I quit reading when the article referred to THIS generation consoles as next generation consoles. It's like calling Christmas weekend next weekend.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
I quit reading when the article referred to THIS generation consoles as next generation consoles. It's like calling Christmas weekend next weekend.

Let it go, man.

The distinction between dichotomies becomes blurred with the march of time and convenience in debate (some call this "the Evolution of Language"). For example, see: "literally" taking on the meaning of "figuratively", spurred by the need to colour everything with hyperbole. See also: There are AAA games, but how exactly is everything else quantified? Should we get some Credit Agencies to weigh in on this?

Sign o' the Times.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

zippy said:
If we are comparing Wii U 2014 to Wii U 2013, then yes i think Nintendo has turned things around a little. They have sold more software this year, will make profit, got more high quality exclusives and created a successful venture into the NFC toyline.

But still in terms of actual sales, the turnaround is minimal. It's up about 500k or so YoY with that majority of that simply due to releasing Mario Kart in a time that was facing a drought in the previous year. 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

A huge deal... a huge step forward... hugely positive. Pulitzer prize nominee here.

No serriously thought this article reads very poorly.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:

A huge deal... a huge step forward... hugely positive. Pulitzer prize nominee here.

No serriously thought this article reads very poorly.

You... read it?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

They've turned it around in that it's a much better console than it was. Sales wise it's not really improving at all.