By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo turned the Wii U around

That article doesn't make a lot of sense. We are entering 2015 with just about all major third party support cancelled for wii u. This year the wii u will be even more a niche format and not get any of the impressive, state of the art games that ps4 or xbone get or the weaker ps3 and 360 versions.

Both ps3 and 360 are still more relevant and in mainland Europe the ps3 is still outselling wii u most of the time despite the huge existing ps3 userbase.

Nintendo are stuck with the wrong product which they must support for a few more years yet.

Around the Network

Could be better, article isn't great. The Wii U still gets outsold by the PS3 and 360 in some areas. I'm sure it's a great console but the games on it right now don't scream must buy. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

I remember when I wanted a Wii U after seeing the reveal. Then I didn't want it until they suddenly started to release good games.

But yeah, complete turnaround. It's the number 1 console to own if you like Nintendo games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

nintendo turn around wii u in so many ways, unfortunately sales isn't one of them.

bonzobanana said:
That article doesn't make a lot of sense. We are entering 2015 with just about all major third party support cancelled for wii u. This year the wii u will be even more a niche format and not get any of the impressive, state of the art games that ps4 or xbone get or the weaker ps3 and 360 versions.

Both ps3 and 360 are still more relevant and in mainland Europe the ps3 is still outselling wii u most of the time despite the huge existing ps3 userbase.

Nintendo are stuck with the wrong product which they must support for a few more years yet.

Don't be outrageous. This implies that there were major plans to begin with.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

It has great games but alas, apart from Nintendo games, there isn't anything there which is quite a shame! Not to say thats a bad thing but most people don't like the fact that there aren't any third parties

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

How I turned the WiiU around

And then as you can see I unplugged because I barely touch the thing =P

Yes this is a joke, just having some fun is all. No need to go all fanboy on me please.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
It has great games but alas, apart from Nintendo games, there isn't anything there which is quite a shame! Not to say thats a bad thing but most people don't like the fact that there aren't any third parties

Well those people are stupid. They can either kneel to the mighty god of capitalism and buy additional platforms, or stop moanin' about how things aren't exactly how they want.

I mean holy shit, spend that energy on something useful. Like maybe lifting a Wii U off your table, rotating it 180°, then setting it back down, UGH

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

ktay95 said:

How I turned the WiiU around

And then as you can see I unplugged because I barely touch the thing =P

Yes this is a joke, just having some fun is all. No need to go all fanboy on 

Edit: Womp my gif failed :(

They need to be able to release more than 1 or 2 retail releases a month, nobody wants to own a console and not have games each month to look forward to. The only retail game for the next 3 months that has been confirmed for the Wii U so far is the next Kirby. There will probably be a couple more, but damn, all Nintendo has to do is get games and build a new console every 5 years. Why have they suddenly declined to put out games the way they used to in spite of all their profits, MS and Sony have other departments and still succeed in supporting their consoles. I feel like ever since 2011 when they stopped supporting the Wii they got WAY to cocky and just didn't get the games and hype out the way they succeeded with the Wii.

This really isn't new when you look at the N64 having about 300 games over 6 years while the PS1 in contrast had well over 1000 just in North America in the same time frame, I think it's well over 2000 games worldwide, I'm to lazy to count.