By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the differences between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo gamers?

the biggest difference to me is arrogance. Pro Sony fans are pretty bad

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I say the biggest difference is the amount of gaming each group plays. Especially Nintendo gamers vs the other two.

You will constantly see Microsoft gamers talking about new games they are playing ( see the xbox mega thread for proof). Same with Sony gamers (see vita mega thread for proof).

You would be hard pressed to find a "Nintendo gamer" playing anything other than MK8, Smash, or Pokemon this past year.

What do you think the biggest differences are?

And by new game you are talking about Call of Duty 20, Halo 5, Uncharted 4, Grand Theft Auto 5, Gran Tourismo 6, Final Fantasy 15, Madden 26, ect.

spurgeonryan said:

I say the biggest difference is the amount of gaming each group plays. Especially Nintendo gamers vs the other two.

You will constantly see Microsoft gamers talking about new games they are playing ( see the xbox mega thread for proof). Same with Sony gamers (see vita mega thread for proof).

You would be hard pressed to find a "Nintendo gamer" playing anything other than MK8, Smash, or Pokemon this past year.

What do you think the biggest differences are?

Pretty much.  It wasn't always like this, but Nintendo lost decent 3rd party & variety since the Wii, so "Nintendo gamer" has become mostly MK/Smash/Pokemon player it seems.

Thanks to all the hype, I also bought MK8 & Smash on Wii U.  They are types of party game IMO, they're non-serious fun.  They can be enjoyed both casually and there's some technical depth too if you really want.

In contrast, party style games are not the most popular games on PS/XB by a long shot.  The most popular PS/XB games tend to be more technical as a minimum.

My 8th gen collection

PwerlvlAmy said:

Such selective observation skills! Why should i complain though, you're not the first human to generalize based on what they 'see' or want to see.

PwerlvlAmy said:

"Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Around the Network
tiffac said:

The only thing, I see that separates the PS fans from the MS fans is the size of the JRPG community on one side compared to the other.

You do have a point.

Lots of sweeping generalizations in this thread. How expected

Stereotyping: The Thread.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

XBOX gamers are frat boys. They're the ones who'll play games mostly because their friends play games.

Sony gamers are nerds who are likely to know more about video games than the opposite sex.

Nintendo gamers are stuck up Carlton Banks types who think they're superior and that the way they play games is the way games should be played.

/not sarcasm

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Mr.Playstation said:
PS gamers: All rounders ( Average amount of first party games and average amount of third party games in terms of how much they play)
Xbox gamers: Shooters ( COD and their beloved Halo )
Real Nintendo gamers: Mainly only first party games.

This.