By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the differences between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo gamers?

Are we talking about People who only play those consoles?

I mean I have a WII U and all I buy for it are the 1st and 2nd party games :) with a Playstation console for my 3rd party stuff

In past year I have been playing Wind Waker, Monster Hunter as well as the games you mentioned :)

Around the Network

PS gamers: All rounders ( Average amount of first party games and average amount of third party games in terms of how much they play)
Xbox gamers: Shooters ( COD and their beloved Halo )
Real Nintendo gamers: Mainly only first party games.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Zero. They all love to play games.

I played on X360, now I play on PS4. I'm still the same guy with same gaming interests and habits.

Oops. I read it wrong. Lol.

Around the Network

"Insert favourite console" gamers are hardcore, "insert least favourite console" gamers are filfthy casuals.

I don't know which Nintendo gamers you've spoken too... Personally, I've been playing through Shin Megami Tensei 4 right now.

What's a Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo gamer? Is that a kind of gamer who only plays games from that company?

Because I consider myself a Nintendo gamer but I played more games in Playstation consoles this year. I think there are no differences, we all play games.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Considering that each console tailors it's games towards certain genres, I would say that each group of players has different taste in games and that's the main difference. The other difference between 'em is what company policies they are tolerant of and that might make someone go to a different console.

Personally, I don't like to know how many hours I put into a game. I rather just put my head in the sand and pretend that I have a normal social life. haha

Aeolus451 said:
Considering that each console tailors it's games towards certain genres, I would say that each group of players has different taste in games and that's the main difference. The other difference between 'em is what company policies they are tolerant of and that might make someone go to a different console.

Personally, I don't like to know how many hours I put into a game. I rather just put my head in the sand and pretend that I have a normal social life. haha

I'm not sure if that's the case with Xbox and PS.  They cater to the exact same audience.