By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the differences between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo gamers?

Gamz said:

Huh?   PS4 paid for exclusivity content on Destiny and it's their biggest game so far.  They both rely on online multiplayer world this gen. 

Not only that but you look at the PS4 games Sony has developed and there's what.. Knack is the only one without a strong online component (or one at all)? And the next one is The Order?

I think MicroSony gamers are virtually the same. Nintendo only gamers are different. Mostly they are a lot younger.

Around the Network

DNA

PlayStation gamers: Play games of many kinds, SP and MP, short and lengthy, and of different genres.

Xbox gamers: Play mostly MP-oriented games which provide a lot of value in terms of there length, definitely the most competitive players on consoles, don't like incredible but short games as they don't provide value for them

Nintendo gamers: Play mostly Nintendo games, look down on other games as if they are crap but still play them when they are bargain bin price, play both short and lengthy games

I can't really speak too much for Sony/Microsoft gamers as I'm not really one myself (despite owning a PS2 and a 360, I play games from Nintendo consoles far more often.

I do think Nintendo gamers are, on average, probably more social, though. Based solely on the fact that a lot of Nintendo's first-party offerings in the past 15 years have made a point of including local multiplayer in things other than shooters. The handful of people I know who swing more towards Sony/MS consoles or PC seem to prefer playing alone or online, where the people I know who have a Wii or Wii U usually seem to like playing games with other people.

Mr.Playstation said:
PS gamers: All rounders ( Average amount of first party games and average amount of third party games in terms of how much they play)
Xbox gamers: Shooters ( COD and their beloved Halo )
Real Nintendo gamers: Mainly only first party games.

Seems about right to me

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Gamz said:

Huh?   PS4 paid for exclusivity content on Destiny and it's their biggest game so far.  They both rely on online multiplayer world this gen. 

Not only that but you look at the PS4 games Sony has developed and there's what.. Knack is the only one without a strong online component (or one at all)? And the next one is The Order?

I think MicroSony gamers are virtually the same. Nintendo only gamers are different. Mostly they are a lot younger.

Infamous is not online oriented at all. So two are (KZ and DC) and two are not (ISS and Knack).

And the upcoming games, The Order, I don't know if it will be online oriented, or it will actually have a online mode.

But Bloodborne and Uncharyed 4 will not have this focus at all.

So I really don't know why you are putting Sony on it, as it's clearly not their focus.

Youre right i forgot about Infamous 3, but Blooodborne is a From Software game and will have a big online component, and LOL @ Uncharted 4 not having a big online component. Of course it will. 2 and 3 did. LoU did. 4 will.

Very little if anything.

Xbox gamers like to compete, being with Achievements or online shooters (halo, Gears).

I have over 300 hours on each game of the gears trilogy, online multiplayer of course.

Mr.Playstation said:
PS gamers: All rounders ( Average amount of first party games and average amount of third party games in terms of how much they play)
Xbox gamers: Shooters ( COD and their beloved Halo )
Real Nintendo gamers: Mainly only first party games.

I have nothing against Playstation gamers but when I see this (usually from the mouth of the Playstation gamers themselves) it is killing me.Maybe Playstation gamers are all rounders but it is the same reality for Xbox gamers..

The majority of AAA are available on all platforms and having more shooters (again you may want to look at numbers here, because I do not think there are more shooters on Xbox platforms in general). For instance, I play all kind of game (on PC and console), I love shooters, RPGs, strategy games, action games etc. And I go for the Xbox platform because of Halo (the story... I loved Halo wars and anything related to it) but not because it is an shooter... I hate Gears of War for instance...

OP: Sony / Microsoft players are basically the same in my oppinion.

They play more mature games than Nintendo in general... If you look at what it is selling the best on Playstation, pretty sure COD will top the chart like Xbox and on PS4 I would not be surprise is Destiny would be in the top 2...The majority of people I know who have a Playstation 3/4 are mainly playing COD... This is the game they are playing the most and then they play other kind of game occasionaly, like I do on my Xbox.

So for me It is not true that the Playstation gamers are favoring other kind of games over shooters. And like Xbox gamers (or majority of gamers), the best sellers are shooters (in total) then we have plenty of games on both platforms.  

Nintendo on the other hand is different. I love Nintendo and their games for one reason, they are actually different that what I can find on Playstation/Xbox and I have a different (and fun) experience while playing their games. This is why I will always have a Nintendo console next to my Xbox.

The only thing, I see that separates the PS fans from the MS fans is the size of the JRPG community on one side compared to the other.