By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the differences between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo gamers?

They all have a different mixture of Secret sauces. No joke.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
spurgeonryan said:

I say the biggest difference is the amount of gaming each group plays. Especially Nintendo gamers vs the other two.

You will constantly see Microsoft gamers talking about new games they are playing ( see the xbox mega thread for proof). Same with Sony gamers (see vita mega thread for proof).

You would be hard pressed to find a "Nintendo gamer" playing anything other than MK8, Smash, or Pokemon this past year.

What do you think the biggest differences are?

You weren't looking very hard.

The list of games I've been playing this past year is:

[3DS]: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bravely Default, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Theathrhythm: Final Fantasy, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Super Mario 3D Land.

No mention of Mario Kart, Smash, or Pokemon there~!

Definately not a party game or a game for Casuals. It's funny how Microsoft fans and Sony fans think Nintendo fans only play these styles I mean Fire Emblem is as unforgiving as they come.

It reminds me of Fire Emblem on wii where Gamespot gave it a 6 due to being too challenging.

Generalisation isnt a good thing.

I am one of those people that has a Vita and loves playing several games on it, but i'm also someone who enjoys his Wii U alot, despite having less games. The thruth is that when they do come, they are incredibly high quality products. That is definitly worth the wait. I would like for the Vita to be like that and have few but huge hitters. Though ideally, you want both.

I also dont think the PS4 and X1 are any better. I have had as many games out of my PS4 as i had out of my Wii U this year. But i guess all those HD remasters, ports and indies are where its at. :P Just not for me.

McGilliguts said:
jlmurph2 said:

Really? How often do you see the Xbox gamers here raving about Madden and COD every year?

And I've seen some very unsophisticated and ill-informed owners from every fanbase. Sony included.

You are right. These are only broad generalizations, not meant to apply to individuals, and suggestive only of overall tendencies. And of course vgchartz members are much more knowledgeable than typical gamers.

I feel honoured ;)

Nintendo gamers are so mature they dont care that their games a called kiddy by others

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Nintendo only gamers have a lot less multiplatform games to play; but if they also have a good PC, they can play all the multiplatform games.

PS4 and X1 gamers have all games on one platform, exclusive + all multiplatform games(apart from few exclusive and time exclusive on other platforms). I don't see other differences.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

TheWPCTraveler said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Xbox gamers= Competitive gamers (Primarily sports and shooters)
Sony gamers= Diverse gamers but like to play storybased games in many genres. Sony takes the jack of all trades master of none route, but still has quality.
Nintendo gamers= First party enthusiasts who like party games and platformers.

Since when were Nintendo fans not proud of the various puzzlers, RPGs, and strategy games available?

I didnt add it because the majority of the games that are hot for Nintendo are party games and platformers. Puzzle games are there, they just arent as popular as the ones I mentioned. Sony and Microsoft have other games too but I am talking about why people puchase the platformer in a general sense.

Nate4Drake said:
Nintendo only gamers have a lot less multiplatform games to play; but if they also have a good PC, they can play all the multiplatform games.

PS4 and X1 gamers have all games on one platform, exclusive + all multiplatform games(apart from few exclusive and time exclusive on other platforms). I don't see other differences.

Most all of the known western multiplatform games can be played not PC but not all of them.  The Japanese are starting to put more games on PC, but not many outside of the popular ones.

Their controllers...

Sony Fans : Fans of Final Fantasy,Metal Gear Solid,Kingdom Hearts,God of War , Uncharted and Gran Turismo(Add Their platformers like jak,crash,ratchet,lbp etc) Their games are so diverse yet so good

Microsoft Fans of Gears ,Halo,Forza,Fable ,Mass Effect . They are mostly online gamers .You dont see a lot people with no online xbox consoles.They like shooter and western rpg instead of JRPG (sony) so for them ELDER scrools>final fantasy

Nintendo Fans. Platformer fans .Probably grown up with Mario games and nes. i never saw someone is nintendo fan that didnt play n64 or nes games. so probably nintendo fans are mostly shrinking at that point because at gamecube times PS2 dominated and kids grown up mostly with PS2